I’m getting better from my fall, now the surgery’s given me some better pain meds.
My desk this week is:
I was trying to paint a mad chicken in the style of Brian James’ seagull but it hasn’t worked. I love the look in his eyes, ‘So where are your chips then?’I’m happier with my tulip in the same style though. I remembered I could use a sponge to tidy up the tip of the petal.
Apart from that I’ve carried on with my cannula sleeves, - I was reminded of them when I had a cannula for my contrast CT scan at the hospital last week. Brian was telling the phlebotomist all about them. 😻
The challenge is always to find as many bobbly knit stitches (without holes) to make the texture as interesting as possible. If you know of any, I’d be interested to know! I can’t do ribs apart from top and bottom, either.
Bella’s happy to supervise and sends you all purrs.
I’m still not sure about the yarn for my waistcoat, don’t like the browny patches. I’m ready for the solar eclipse tomorrow evening - are you? I remember standing in Regent’s Park with colleagues for the one in 1999. This one won’t be complete here, but I want to see it, so:
And finally…
I just like his grin.😀
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts xx










No, not prepared with glasses at all, I am not sure what I will do - my colander has slits not holes... I think your mad chicken looks good, so does the tulip. Happy eclipse watching. Helen #3
ReplyDeleteI have never seen the seagull before, he is amazing and I'm sure your chicken will be just as good. Pleased to hear the pain is not so bad now. Thanks for the funnies and purrs to Bella. Happy woyww, Angela x7x
ReplyDeleteHappy too-hot WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteI think we will have to do a pinhole viewer if we do it at all - glasses sold out everywhere. I love the seagull but haven't a clue how to recreate the style! I have so many books of sitches - I'll browse (if I can get to them now my Hubby has filled my sewing/yarn room with computers!) and let you know
Mary Anne (6)
I'm pleased to hear your pain is rather better now. I love your painting. Your knitting looks fab.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Annie x #5
The seagull made me laugh, definitely a bolshie type! Your tulip is lovely, you nailed the style really well. I don’t think that cardi wool is right for you, the colours aren’t you (in my opinion!) but I do love the bright colours in your other piece. We’re going to make a pinhole camera for the eclipse tonight, my lovely optician put a how to video on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteI’m really glad you’re feeling better btw, hope that continues xx
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
I am so glad you are still working on watercolors. Don't be so critical on yourself, and just enjoy the process. I like your mad chicken's whimsical look, and it has a style that is uniquely yours. The color schemes in your knitting are as amazing as always. Happy WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteThat seagull is cheeky isn’t he, love the angle of him, very clever. Your chicken is as entertaining though, do not discourage yourself! So glad you feel you’re on the mend…take the time to heal fully though, no dashing about because the pain killers are helping! (Can you feel me pointing my finger at you and nagging?!) love that Brian was telling the staff about your canula covers, they’re useful and lovely to look at, he’s proud of your efforts. We haven’t got the right glasses, but apart has fiddled about with one of the telescope lenses so we might get a ‘real time’ watch, hope so!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen the seagull before. We did enjoy the Jim Moir birds. Enjoy your painting- I hope you have a nice cool spot to work in. It's a scorcher here today.x x Jo 🌈
ReplyDeleteLove the seagull, I can imaging him knocking on the window! I couldn’t find the artist, Google came up with a guitarist! Glad you are feeling better after your fall. How are you coping with the heat? It was dreadful today and apparently tomorrow is going to be worse. I love your crazy chicken, she made me smile! A great tulip too. Hugs Angela
ReplyDeleteOh just adore your tulips and like the variegated yarn. Glad to see you are prepared for the eclipse. Didn't think I'd be bothering with the eclipse at all but after a day in bed in the dark with air-con I just about managed to go outside for the spectacle. I watched initially in our conservatory then joined hubby out the front where we were joined by various neighbours and even a group we didn't know but we shared the glasses round and all enjoyed the show. I've had to come back to air-con room as really struggling, even have a wet cloth draped around my shoulders, hands are constantly hot and swollen. My room window has to stay a jar for the air-con vent but its white noise just about drowns out all the machinery and tools. Both next doors due to finish this Christmas but the 17 home development 2028 so not anytime soon.Hugs BJ#11
ReplyDeleteYour mad chicken is lovely - and quite mad! The seagull could be modelled on the ones that were stealing the eggs my milkman delivered. They were definitely not to be messed with! The tulip is gorgeous and I'm so impressed with your knitting too. Glad you feeling a bit better and hope you continue to improve. Have a good week. Elizabeth #13
ReplyDeleteI totally missed the eclipse Lynne. Glad you are feeling so much better. Love the chicken watercolour. Meow to Bella. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
ReplyDelete