My rib has improved but now my old injury to my elbow tendons has flared up. I’ve had to tell myself that I don't have to do everything I’ve planned: more emotional support chickens, one for a friend and more for our exhibition like last year, paintings for the same exhibition, living line embroidery and another present due in September, the demand for lots of cannula sleeves…
I’ll get more done if I rest but I’m so used to keeping my hands busy….
I’m trying to dictate this blog so if anything peculiar pops up, that’s why.
My ‘desk’ is my lap again. I’m up to cannula sleeve number five now;
I’ll do the sewing up and adding of twiddles at the end. Bella doesn’t mind what I Knit as long as she can supervise 😹. She sends you all purse x no, purrs.
We went up to the edge of the North Downs, at Farthing common, for the eclipse, as did many others. Most stayed calm but there were one or two ‘roid rage drivers who lost their patience.
This is a photo of the view from there off google so you can get an idea of the view, though it was sunny last week.
We were next to a family who’d come up for the day and had rigged a binocular lens to point at cardboard. Their system worked beautifully and they were a lovely family to spend the time with. They had no eclipse glasses so we shared. I couldn’t get a direct photo, even trying through my eclipse lens but this is from their system.
On Saturday evening, we’re going to see an open air performance of Othello in Canterbury. There’s been a bit of rain around, but it’s currently forecast sunny for Canterbury on Saturday evening.🤞🤞🤞
And finally …
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx









Happy knitting-day WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteOMG the last funny resonated with me for sure! It's just too true. Glad your rib is better but not good about the elbow! Missed the eclipse completely. Oh well...
Mary Anne (5)
Looks like there's going to be plenty of knitting about to take place. Bella is there as usual to keep an eye on everything. I can relate to throwing away stuff you've had for years and then find when you throw them away that you need them! Done that! Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x7x
ReplyDeleteWell the last funny is so appropriate. I have lost count of the number of times I have done that. It’s no wonder I hold on to everything 🤣🤣
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you have had a flare up of a previous injury. Praying you will be pain free soon. Hugs Angela #9
I like the new wool colours an awful lot more than the other stuff, they’ll tone beautifully. The cannula sleeve is lovely, bright and breezy, just what you want when you’re not feeling your best. I’m sorry about your elbow though, resting is hard when you’re always making something! The first and last funnies made me hoot 😂😂
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 2 xx
Glad your rib is better but bad luck with the elbow tendons. I hope that eases soon. The replacement wool colours are lovely and I'm sure you're right - the waistcoat will be all the better for the change. Cats make great supervisors - Silver never misses an opportunity. She sends purrs to Bella. A place called Farthing Common has just got to be beautiful. The eclipse was a non-event here - the sky was completely overcast. That last funny struck a bell with me - done it so many times. Have a great week. Elizabeth #11
ReplyDeleteOh Lynne, just do what you feel able to and don't worry about everything else. I think you just know when things aren't right with you so good job on the yarn exchange. Hubby did the same eclipse projection out the from of our house and we were joined by various neighbours and passing families and we shared the glasses around too. Struggling with all the stuff going on around us currently, I've emailed everyone I can think of about it today, press, councillors, contractor HQ, enforcement. Hugs Bj#1
ReplyDeleteI love your new wool and your knitting is lovely but please don’t do too much.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Annie x #6
I'm guessing the knitting doesn't help with your elbow - flippin nuisance when you get so much pleasure from it. Love the new yarn colours. The funnies had me giggling - esp the modelling agency x x Jo 🌈
ReplyDeleteOh Lynn, I do love that last funny. I'll have to show that to Bob. We both agree that's why we have so much stuff - we like our stuff. LOL Keeping it organized is the challenge.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to enjoy the eclipse. We weren't able to see it here in the southern US but I experienced one last year. I've never experienced such peace as I did in that couple of minutes.
Creative Blessings & Hugs! ~ Kelly #12