Wednesday 26 April 2017

WOYWW #412

Feline inspiration!

Hi all, glad to be back showing you what's on my worktray this week. 

If you're wondering what this is all about, it's the What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday circle, hosted by Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm still waiting for my beading silk to arrive, so was thinking about what to do with my black and white beads.

I looked across at one of my 2 cats, who as ever,  supervise my crafting, and the answer was there. Black and white Dino, resting against an amber cushion!


So I got out some amber beads, and I think they go quite well with the black and white.  

I was also wondering about combining an old Tibetan dzi bead necklace I got from Gordon Reece's (sadly long gone) gallery in Knaresborough, where LLJ and I spent many happy days browsing and picking up exotic far eastern bits and bobs. I think it's better just with the sharp black and white, and amber, though. What do you think? 

My knitting is coming on, too, and the back is almost finished on my cardigan. There's a close up of the pattern, below, too, in case anyone wants to try it.  I can send the pattern details to you if you'd like it.

I'll be offline for the next 2 Wednesdays, as we're off to France for 10 days, first to Provence, and then to Beaujolais for a festival in the village where our vineyard is. we then have a few days in Wales, to see LLJ and family.

I'll enjoy looking through your blogs tonight. Have a good week, all!











12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynne, I think you are quite right, the amber with the black & white work beautifully. Enjoy your holiday, and I know you will have a fab time at Jans! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you on the desks again today! The cat is right, black/white really does go well with the amber...it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. The knitting is looking great too, I do like the effect of the stripes-that-aren't!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have an amazing time a la Francais :)

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday
    Bubbles #32
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-412.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice when you get inspiration from your surroundings. Have fun in France.
    April #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice holiday, in summertime we will be going to the ardeche. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how we can be inspired, just love the Dino selection! Your knitting is fab, in a Fasset style to me. I am much admiring. Have a great trip, France at this time of year must be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, you are too kind. I've tried and failed at Kaffe Fassett patterns which have many colours per row. This is a cheat - by slipping stitches you get something that looks much more complex than it is

      Delete
  7. What a lovely kitty and the black and white beads are gorgeous too. Have a great belated woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful where inspiration comes from! The beads look great together! Enjoy France, I've never been, but have always wanted to go! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all, many thanks and have a great week x Lynne # 30

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely agree with sticking to the black/white amber combination. What a lovely source of inspiration too. Have fun in France. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne, I love the beads Dino picked out for the necklace. Hope you get your beading silks soon.

    Your knitting is lovely.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #10



    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.