Tuesday 24 November 2020

WOYWW 599 When will I stop?




Hi all, This will be posted early as B has his 2nd cataract op tomorrow. 
This post is part of the wonderful world of Wednesday crafting, celebrated by sharing our workspaces via The Stamping Ground , hosted by Julia. 

I think I'm coming to the end of the vineyard scarf. B has kindly modelled it for me - how much longer do you think it should be? My goddaughter is about the same height as B but with longer legs and a slightly shorter torso.
 

I'm planning for the border; orange and purple, I think? I was carefully calculating how much wool I'd need by crocheting 20cm, measuring the yardage used then working out how much I
'd need for the whole border. So many places are out of stock, due to the pandemic, but I surprisingly need less than I thought.

Some burnt orange is on the way from a small family yarn shop, woolfull.com, that is offering free postage with no minimum order.  It must be a loss leader. I found myself buying extra just so my purchase would be more than the postage. That's my excuse anyway. ;-)

Thea and I have been having lots of cuddles. She's off B at present, sadly for him,  but that will change in time.




Good new! Our case of Beaujolais nouveau has just arrived! North and South wines in London are now stocking it, and since we can’t go to France, we pay English (horrible!) prices!



As we’re self-isolating prior to B’s op, here’s a wonderful photo taken by my friend, Chris Farrell. This one, taken off the Folkestone area, was so impressive I had to include it, with her kind permission. 

And finally...













I’m looking forward to seeing you at our virtual crop. 
Take care, stay safe and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

11 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with B's second op Lynne. The scarf looks fabulous and I am sure your goddaughter will love it. Meow to Thea, stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wishing B well with the cataract op too....Loving the scarf, it looks warm and cosy! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the earrings funny at the end made me hoot!! Hope all goes well today with B’s op, he’ll have X-ray vision after all this is done. Love the scarf but think it definitely needs another few inches, it’s looking good though!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is coming along nicely and looking good, not sure how long it should be depends on the person its for really,

    happy WOYWDW Stay well and safe Lilian B #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne. Oh shucks... maybe I should get my ears pierced?! What do you reckon??? That scarf is looking fantastic - well done. Nearly there. It will look great with the little border. All the best to B for his op.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne, good luck to B on his op. Scarf is looking good, but I'm no good for knitting/crochet advice, lol. I know how to do both, but it's just not my thing. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to B with his upcoming op, he models that scarf superbly. I'm sure it will be loved no matter the chosen size, fabulous handcrafted gift.
    Take care & Happy Woyww Tracey #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne, that scarf is brilliant. Good luck for B's op. Great photo too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing B the best for his upcoming op. The scarf is looking amazing and will be much admired. A belated happy WOYWW Angela #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great scarf! Love all the amazing detail!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah #32

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOO the scarf is stunning, it looks great. You have a very cheerful model for it hahaha!! Oh my goodness love the little comic pic at the end, so true about the earrings too. They are most important anyhow, more chocolate here I come
    Ellie #31

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.