Wednesday 15 June 2022

WOYWW 680 Tizzy and blue

Hi all, is it Wednesday already? I’m sure we’re having them more often. 😏
Here’s my Tizzy blanket. I liked its structure but maybe being less random with the dark blue would have been better. 

I’ve picked up an old panel of 4 ply. I need to go back to fine yarn after the Aran of the blanket. 
I might add in Tizzy style panels to make a cardigan. 
My friend Liz, who is an expert quilter, brought me a birthday present of a Japanese knot bag. Unlike what my husband thinks, it’s not for collecting Japanese knot weed. 🤣
It’s a neat design I think!

We’ve been out a bit more recently. Folkestone Harbour Arm has completely changed. From a sad and empty structure, it’s now a buzzing food and drink venue at the weekend with about 30 food and drink stalls, everything from Roman street food to Belgian mussels and Thai curries. 

We’ll go again we think!

Bella and Gracie have been getting rather too up close with the wildlife recently - Gracie brought a mouse in at 6am yesterday morning. Thankfully,  she was so excited about it it she woke me up, and it was at least a dead one. 
Bella has been ‘encouraging’ live ones through the cat flap and they’re harder to deal with. Cats!
They send purrs to you all. 

And finally…




Take care and happy crafting 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 





11 comments:

  1. Yeah I have made Japanese knot bags, for a knitting project bag, then found another design I liked better. But then my knitting that needs a bag is small (always socks!) while my big knitting is just strewn aroud the lounge on the sofa or a chair or the foot-rest or even the floor! My family knows to just WALK AROUND IT! LOL! Happy desk hop day!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s just so B, his comment about the Japanese knot weed!! The bag is gorgeous, love the fabric. I like the way your Tizzy is coming along and think the regular dark blue stripes are great. You have such patience to work in 4 ply, that’s just never going to happen here, lol! How wonderful that Folkestone has turned itself around, that foodie destination is the prefect place for you two!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is lovely - very useful but NOT for KNOT weed!! lol. Love the blues in your crochet. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blanket, the pattern is very effective. 4ply . . . no thanks, don't have the patience!
    Enjoy the week
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughed out loud at the funnies again Lynne - especially the sneezing hen. The blanket looks fabulous and the knot bag is a cool design. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bag, what a nice gift. I have one made by a friend in shot silk, it’s a little evening purse and is soo useful. Love the blanket, I think the random dark blue is better than if it were regular, this way it’s not the most dominant I don’t think. I suppose that’s very subjective though isn’t it, brains and eyes being so individual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket looks fabulous and I really like the random darker stripes - it's very eye-catching. The funnies made me really laugh but not the story of the mice being brought into the house - I can't decide if it's better to have live ones or dead ones brought in as 'gifts'!
    Hope you have a lovely (mice free) week,
    Diana xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a lovely bag, what a nice gift. Hope you are not over run with Tom and Jerry situations with the live mice! The middle cartoon made me laugh out loud! Happy WOYWW . Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bag design and the blanket is brilliant. Loving your funnies too. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always great to find somewhere to buy nice food, Love the bag, and the Jokes, Happy Belated WOYWDW Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #9

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.