Tuesday 16 August 2022

WOYWW 689 Tizzy home

Hi all, back from my travels now. I’ll try and do more visits this week. 
My Tizzy cardigan is growing. Here are the main parts for a front. I need to sew it up, add borders and a pocket. 


Jan was very happy with the silk and has kept some for making mastectomy drain bags for the hospital, as well as brilliantly finding a school that wants the rest for GCSE projects. 



Les Smith of https://roleswoodcraft.weebly.com/ makes very nice Nostepinnes for me. Hand-turned, but they disappear into black holes in our house. He offered me a laburnum one today which I avoid because of risk to cats. If you’re interested, contact him: email: roleswoodcraft@hotmail.com. They’re £15 inc UK P&P. He’s making an apple one for me now. 

There’s a video showing how to use one here: Using a Nostepinne. Though of course you could always use it to wave at the telly (sorry Jan 🤣)
The cats were very glad to see us back. Gracie even curled  up with me on the chair, which she hadn’t done for a while. I didn’t like to move and thought I might even have to sleep there!


Bella’s always glad of a cuddle. 


And finally…
Someone asked where I get them from. I follow a few pages with them on Facebook. 




Take care and enjoy your crafting 

Hugs
Lynnecrafts 


10 comments:

  1. Lovely Tizzy! Must be nice to be home again, and I appreciate the info on the nostepinne. I have a pit of PVC pipe (left over from my diy niddy noddy LOL!) that I use when I need one but it is less than satisfying. Thanks for the funnies, as ever. Always a bright spot in my WOYWW travels...
    Happy much cooler WOYWW
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I enjoy waving my nostepinne at the telly (actually, that sounds very wrong indeed…..) shouting Expelliarmus or something similar, lol! I like the sound of an applewood one, you’ll get some good vibes from it. Tizzy is coming along nicely, do love the colours, and the teacher was thrilled skinny with all the fabric! The first funny is so true especially at the moment - I can feel my pitchfork extending…..
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we get to see you modelling the Tizzy, please. I love the colours you used.
    Glad your girls were ok when you got home, my Tabs used to sit with her back to me if I left her for any length of time (miss her) and how lovely that Gracie reacted as she did.
    So glad the Probreeze has been a success. I think you are the only person I know who has bought one on my recommendation - pricey maybe to some but oh it has been so worth it. Not exactly Siberia in the heat we had but a darned good help.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting your Tizzy is nearly finished. Great funnies, particularly the first and last, I even made the last picture bigger so I could read what the alien was saying, only of course, it was an alien language 🤣🤣 . Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been typing for my neighbour for more than 15 years. It started off as earning some useful money for my crafts and I had a word processor, then I got a computer, another computer and two laptops later still doing it. His writing is quite hard to read and there is usually a couple of things I have to check on. I keep thinking of stopping, but he asks and I think one more time 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think looking at Jan's eyes you can tell how happy she is Lol! Great job with Tizzy and loving the funnies. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had another busy day so am just catching my breath and visiting a few of my favourite blogs.
    Well done you with the knitting...I love the colous.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your trip went well! Jan certainly looks happy! Great tizzy cardigan. Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
    Carol N #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. How resourceful of Jan, great result for the silks in both cases! I see she’s picked out the muted and reserved pieces!! I don’t know why but I hadn’t quite got the size of the Nostepinnes in my head, so the video was useful for that and really helps to explain why Jan would be waving it at the telly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, Lynne. Glad the two of you had a meet up. Looks as if even Tizzy was glad you were home. All is right with her world again. thanks for sharing the nostepinnes video. Sadly, most yarn in the US does not come in tht form of a hank. It's a center pull skein that usually winds up in a knot anyway LOL. Creative Blessings! Kelly #15

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.