Tuesday 20 June 2023

WOYWW 733 Proofreading, fishes and cats

Hi all,
sorry I missed last week; Gracie makes such a fuss going to the vets for her annual jab that it left us quite rung out. 
I was up to some quiet crocheting and here's where I'm up to with my chevron blanket. It's easy doing the strips, which are 1.5m long, but I'll leave it to cooler weather before joining them up! 

I also made some earrings and a necklace to go with a new dress I bought from Zuri, a fairtrade business using African fabrics. I wear it with a navy short sleeved t shirt. The beads were less bright blue and red than they seemsed on the websites but I still like them.



I've been head down proofreading as well. The first time I found 75 errors, even though I've been through the manuscript so many times, then when it came back 50 more. My last check had it down to 3 errors and today they were all done and I approved the final manuscript.
I approved my cover today as well. Yes, it has the reflection of the Eiffel Tower in it, but even my French friends said it was needed to identify Paris.


It will be three weeks before it is printed. Exciting times! I've started setting up the web page and social media but they're not ready yet.
 The book will be sold on Amazon UK and USA, as both an ebook and a paperback, and will be in some Waterstones. I'll let you know!

We'll be away for a couple of Wednesdays, from next week, but I'll be back when I can. Gracie and Bella won't be impressed. You can see how worried they are here: 




And finally,






Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx

12 comments:

  1. well done on approving the book after all your hard work. The cover looks fabulous! I will definitely look out for it. Have a good break and see you back on the desks soon. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of you having a book published ( not sure if it is your first? )
    The colours in the dress are fabulous, love the earrings.
    Anne x 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the business funny.
    The chevrons look lovely and I can understand why you are not joining them in this heat. I like the jewellery you bought too - I can well imagine you wearing it - and looking great!
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great cover! Shall look out for that for sure. Well done!!Is it a relief to be done? Gorgeous dress. Have a lovely break and see you soon. Love n hugs, Cindyxx. #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely jewelry you created. Not only are you a productive writer, but a jewelry maker, too. These will go nicely with that dress.

    Proof reading is a skill. I actually enjoy proofing. It is one of my favorite things when I have to proof a paper I write. Sounds like your book will be ready to print very soon. Color me impressed.

    And of course, you are also crocheting those chevrons, too. You are SO talented. Yes, I see how concerned Bella and Gracie are!!!

    Loved the litter business humor. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh it's getting very exciting now with the book Lynne. Looking forward to seeing it out in the world. Great crocheting too but I can see not the ideal task for the current weather. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah#3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne. I'm having a quick trip round now I'm back from the show. Love the funnies. Good luck with the proof reading too. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that dress! Ooooh those earrings!! Fab combo for sure. Congrats on the book - well done on the editing. The Hubster always says I need an editor for my blog posts LOL! My fingers cannot type as fast a my brain moves and I get in a muddle so often. Have a great time-away! I hate leaving Poppy alone even for an 1/2 day so not sure how I would cope with leaving her for a week even. First time cat owner so yeah, clearly just a bit too tense about it all LOL!
    Happy (late, cause I was knitting) WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fishy earrings are perfect with the dress, well done! The bookcover is intriguing and yes, it does need that Eiffeltower I guess... love how it looks altogether! Thanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, have a good week! Love from Holland, Marit #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those earrings could have been made for that dress. What a happy find. Wishing you lots of success with your book. Happy WOYWW . Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  11. My word Lynne, how exciting, proof reading and the cover sign off! I think the reflected Tour is a great way to locate the story, it might pick up Francophile readers who may not necessarily normally visit the genre, so it's a good idea! I love the lengths of crochet, my Ma in Law made me a jacket with variegated wool in a series of chevron strips, it looked totally fab once sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that dress looks lovely and cool, not sure I'd be needing a t-shirt under it. Love the earrings made to match, perfect. Agree about doing the blanket when it's cooler but do love the design and gentle colours. Super book cover, getting exciting isn't it. Hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.