Tuesday 6 June 2023

WOYWW 731 presents and deliveries

Hi all, Here’s my latest ATC happy post, from Neet. Glad you’re feeling a bit better, Neet and thanks for the lovely ATCs. xxx

 It’s been a busy old week since my last blog but not much crafting. It was my birthday on Monday and because restaurants aren’t open on Mondays round here, we went to the Duck at Pett Bottom on Saturday, and had a lovely meal, including coffee in the garden after. 

We were wondering if Ian Fleming, whose aunt used to own it, might have done a Potteries Bond, with James saying ‘Ey up Duck’? It’s funny because my mother was a Bond, Janet Bond, and they used to call her 003 and a half when she was working in Stoke (she was five foot nothing.)
Sunday we went out for pistachio ice cream and almond croissants. 
They have lots of flavours at Massimo’s, our Italian Gelateria. Which would you choose?


Monday was my birthday and here’s Gracie admiring my Blue John bracelet from himself. 


Jan and family sent me some gorgeous yarn stitch markers with literary cats and Japanese themes, featured here with a gorgeous card from them made by our Diana Taylor of Velvet Moth studio. 
On Monday we went out for afternoon tea at Perry Court farm. Their cheese scones are the lightest I’ve ever tasted. 
Then yesterday I had to go and have my photo taken for my novel. I hate having it done but he was a nice and very professional photographer. I will get the images we chose on Thursday. 
Bella’s been enjoying the dry weather and we had some remarkable visitors the other evening. 
I don’t know if you can see them, as it was difficult to get a good shot, but we think they were cranes. Maybe out for a delivery?😉
And finally…



Take care and happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx





12 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good birthday, what a lovely bracelet. So many gelato flavours... Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got the joke in the last funny Lynne - took me a minute too. Glad you had such a lovely birthday. That bracelet is lovely. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday weekend you had! So many lovely things to eat and drink and wonders to see, those cranes are amazing! I had heard they’d started breeding in the UK but they’re still a sight to behold. I’m glad you enjoyed your presents too and that the photographer wasn’t too terrifying!!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still not got it!
    My, you had a lovely birthday celebration. The food sounds wonderful and the ice cream - hazelnut for me please, I think.
    Love the bracelet, who is a lucky girl then. Love the photo of you with the wind blowing in your hair.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx (pure chance)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday. Sounds like it was wonderful. I received your ATC on Friday, but my internet and phone went out because some squirrels chewed through the phone line. I didn't get back online until after 4 p.m. on Monday and I was busy getting a T Tuesday post together. Sorry I didn't let you know until now or until you get to my blog post today.

    I also would choose either pistachio or tiramisu ice cream. And that bracelet is beautiful. Good luck with the photo shoot and have a cuddle with your adorable kitties. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Mary Anne: Happy Birthday, lovely bracelet and stitch markers. Congrats on the novel almost ready to reveal. Soon, soon... Weirdest flavor I enjoyed was Blue Vinney Ice Cream - better than I expected, but then I do love a bit of bleu cheese! The last funny made me really laugh. All those painting on the wall. LOL!!
    Happy Sunny WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne happy belated birthday. Lots of shope seem to be staying closed on Monday now. Guess they don't get enough customers. I might have to pop over to you I love chees scones. Enjoyed the funnies too. I think they should have special planes for children especially the noisy ones. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rhino painting his own horn is funny! I would choose mintchoc chip! A belated happy birthday. Lovely presents. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday - looks like you have had a lovely time celebrating. Hmmm - ice cream flavours! There are several that I would like so any of white chocolate, biscoff or hazelnut for me. Happy WOYWW. Take care, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great birthday week to me, that bracelet is just lovely! I really like the photo of you leaning against the tree stump and I love what you’re wearing, sis it make you very self conscious having a photo session? Look back on it as fun though! As for ice cream flavours, well - all of the above!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning and Belated Birthday Blessings!
    When we moved to southern Missouri 15years ago, took us some time to get used to a lot of the smaller establishments being closed on Mondays. But then we realized, they had so little help that their busy days were Saturdays so they closed on Mondays to do their bank work - not having anyone to mind the store while they went. So they closed on what is probably their slowest day of the week.
    I'd ask for a bit of the milk chocolate and coffee combined.
    Novel? You're publishing a book? A fellow author needs more information LOL. Please do share a link or info in comments on my blog. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Birthday greetings! I thought it was funny that the rhino was painting his horn into every picture!
    Thank you so much for swapping with me in the Anniversary swap...love the elephant!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.