Tuesday 26 September 2023

WOYWW 747 Books, shells and borders

Hi all, I’m back for our weekly peek at each other’s desk care of Miss Julia at the Stamping Ground blogspot
My chevron blanket is coming together as I join on more and more strips. 
I love using my olive wood and teal pearl crochet hook on it and the way the blues and greens swirl along the chevrons. 
It’s so hard to measure the strips accurately because of the stretchy rib but I’ve devised a way of allowing adjustments. The chevron pattern can only be adjusted from the top. I do the white border around except for the top, join it to the next one from the bottom. When I get near the top I can adjust the length of the chevron stripe before completing the border. 

It’s cozy to work under as Bella and Gracie agree. 😻😻

Last week’s drawing class was on shading of marine items. It’s still a work in progress but this is where I’m up to. I’ll replace the top stone, which I don’t like, and have still to do the cockle shell. 

Our tutor, Claire Adams, suggested we look at an exhibition by the Society of Marine Artists at https://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/. There’s some fantastic work on there. I love these STITCHED mussels: 
As well as these: 
















On Saturday we had a good day at the Canterbury Food fair. My publisher and my creative writing tutor visited. Here I’m with Fran, my tutor. 
It was a good fair with good food from all over. We had duck & hoisin sauce wraps. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹. There were 2 music stages, steampunks, people on stilts and lots of people there in the sun on the Saturday. 

On Sunday we went for our covid jabs first thing. The weather was cold and windy in the morning and wasn’t a good day from the booksales point of view. The stall was free so it was still ok & we had nice chats with other authors. 

And finally…



We’re at an appointment tomorrow, Wednesday, so won’t be able to comment till later
Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx







15 comments:

  1. Link corrected for mall galleries. I hope it works now. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chevrons are beautiful, I love the way the colours flow - it reminds me of the sea! I think your drawings are fantastic too, really excellent, the cockle shell looks like it could jump off the page. The witch funnies made me hoot, the second especially, got you summed up pretty perfectly eh?!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooohhhwwww... those mussels are stitched? Really? AWESOME! (I'm a big fan of mussels: to see, to collect on the beach-poles Γ‘nd to eat. My region, Zeeland, is known for its mussels...) I also love your paintings! I'm into watercolour paint at the moment and it's a difficult (but lovely!) medium. Big hug from the Netherlands dear, Marit #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote you a comment but cannot see it anymore... ok, again then: I am in ooh and awe over those mussels you show... stitched? Really? Awesome! I'm a big fan of mussels (to see, to collect on the beach-poles and to eat) but then again, the region I live and was born and raised, Zeeland, is famous for its mussels. I also love your painting, incredible job you do with water colour paint! Big hug from the Netherlands, Marit #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella and Gracie are excellent judges, your blanket looks so cozy.
    what a super fair, sounds like it caters for all tastes.
    Have a good week
    Christine #20

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chevrons are growing! It does look very snuggly. Love that final funny ! Happy woyww Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chevron blanket has very soothing colours in it and seem to be a hit with the pussycats! Just right to sit with it and read on dark winter night. The funnies were hilarious. Think we would all be in trouble going by that witch identifier! Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne! Long time, no visit - I've been on an extended sabbatical (aka AWOL) - so catching up with everyone. I absolutely adore the colour scheme of that throw and it actually reminds me of the colours in that shell. Great shading in those drawings - they would look fantastic with some watercolours added as well! Hope your appointment went well - enjoy the rest of your week xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne, started off okay this morning then got distracted by the garden! The blanket just looks better every time I see it, it is gorgeous. Your drawings are brilliant too and I love the stitched shells too. I enjoyed the funnies and that last one was very clever. Wishing you both a happy and creative woyww.Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the pilot joke got me giggling - LOL Super blanket, love the way it flows like the sea. Your drawings are amazing too. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your marine drawings Lynne. Looks like a fun festival shame the weather wasn't good for book sales. Meow to the kitties! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that blanket but it has been a marathon. The colours are gorgeous!! I had to smile about the recorder for Lionel - was thinking about a drum as he has recently mastered banging things together... DD did not seem impressed when I voiced that idea.... Sorry I'm so late, Wednesdays always seem to descend in to chaos lately! Have a good week, love & hugs Cindyxx # 21 PS love the witchy joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thrilled to bits for you with the chevrons, even though they are proving hard work to join they are looking fabulous and it will all be worth it. Just love the colours.
    I am impressed with your drawings. you and Jan have both showed more and more talent. Keep up with the drawing, it is lovely what you are doing.
    Hugs, Neet 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blanket is coming together beautifully, and those sketches are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We did our jabs at the weekend too. Arm still sore. Love the technique you devised for making the strips come out. Interesting - in knitting it really is best to count the rows or rounds. I tend to ignore it when they say "K1P1 for 4 inches..." and count. Or like my currents sweater do the sleeves two-at-a-time and the front and back (identical up to the neck shaping) 2 at a time as well!
    Saves me a lot of making tick marks on paper...

    Happy, so very late, WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (7)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.