Tuesday 11 June 2024

WOYWW 784 Koi carp and wax fruit

Hi all, 
I hope you’re all well and crafting? I'm here to join in our weekly bloghop, now courtesy of Sarah's Craftshed.
Last Wednesday’s art class was fun, we’re doing Koi carp, with the fishes masked and lots of wet in wet paint, into which we put  rounds of grease proof paper and gauze to make stones and weeds, to which we added more paint.

This week we’ll paint the big carp above and will add more carp with stencils we’ve cut out. 
I’ve also bought some stencils of scales to help with the painting. It’s a fun project!
At Thursday’s class we continued with the wax fruit and we’ll do a watercolour wash over these this week. 
There are Claire’s examples. 

My Thursday art class desk. 


On Sunday, Brian and I had a stall to sell my novel, A Sense for Silver at Elham Food and Craft fair. We had a really good day and sold all but 3 of my copies of my novel. I’ve had to get more from the printer!


I had some lovely cards for my birthday including the stunning black and white one from our LLJ, beautiful presents including this silver potbank charm:

a lovely meal out at the Bridge Arms, and of course my summer art class series on Wednesdays. 
Bella sends purrs to you all. 


And finally:
This was in the news but it made me laugh. Poor Rover!



Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx


14 comments:

  1. Love catching up with your latest watercolouring each week Lynne. Glad the book sales went well. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the art is looking really beautiful, all watery and misty and swirling colours. Love it and that is only SO FAR! Looking forward to seeing the final piece. Congrats on the book sales. I may have to go back a re-read it depending on how long I have to wait for the next one... :D
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news re the book sales! I love the watercolour koi, such an interesting technique, it’ll be fab to see the progression. The classes sound brilliant, not at all run of the mill!
    Hugs LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge success your book was. Well done on the almost sell out (to me thay was as good as a sell out).
    Your classes sound ever so exciting, what a wonderful tutor you have, her ideas are fabulous and it makes it sound as if your art is fun.
    Love your funnies, the last one tickled me but I doubt my alert button (if i had one) would work like that.
    Have a lovely week - Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art work and good news on the book sales happy woyww! Michelle #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done selling all the books ! Your gifts and your paintings look gorgeous. Happy woyww Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying your enjoyment of your painting class - that's a thing right? Enjoying someone else doing something that brings them joy? Well done on the book sale and very mischievious 'and finally's this week! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... not sure where that went! I'm enjoying your enjoyment of your art class - wonderful to see! Well done on the book sale too. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the funnies this week - especially the firefighters idea. Might try thatšŸ¤£šŸ¤£Well done on your book sales. What an achievement. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to seeing the finished Koi. Looks like a great project. Well done with the book sale and happy belated birthday too. I don't know Daniel Smith watercolours but they sound similar. Sending you best wishes for a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the AI one on Instagram and totally agree!! We need AI to do the things we don't want to do so we can do art! And I don't want to tell it do it either, it should just DO it! Good job selling your books, I enjoyed the first one! Happy belated Birthday, and Inky and Mittsy send purrs back to Bella! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on the book selling. I often wonder how much authors get when books sell for 99p on Amazon or even free! I always thought the bulk of costs was the printing and yet sometimes there is not much difference between the physical book price and the download. I laughed at the Mars Rover cartoon, however more dismayed at the AI since it is true! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the book sales. Love the funnies.Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love your paintings and all the techniques you are learning, excellent news about your book. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.