Monday 9 September 2024

WOYWW 797 Paint and crochet

Hi all, I’m joining in with our weekly blog hop courtesy of Sarah’s Craft Shed. Here’s my desk this week. Now I have my missing vermilion red I’ve done a colour wheel so I can see how my new paints mix. I’ve also started mixing colours for this week’s subject: apples. My watercolour class this year is on a Wednesday morning so I’ll mostly be commenting later. 
Otherwise, I haven’t had much chance for crafting this week, as the storm on Sunday sprung a leak in our bedroom and I spent a lot of time moving clothes. It was a good reason for a sort out and the boot of the car is now full of clothes to be taken to the Sally Army drop off point. The builders came today and found some cracked concrete that allowed the rain in so it’s hopefully all fixed now. 
Today I had a retinal check up so came home feeling woozy as the drops blurred my vision. All well and signed off now. 
I added a baby’s hat to the cardis and bootees. Do you think the pompom’s too big? 
I made it with two rings but I’ve now bought a pompom maker if I can work out how to use it. If anyone has any clear instructions, rather than poorly translated nonsense I’d be glad! I also bought buttons online from a shop in Staffordshire called Smart as a button. She deserves a shoutout for sending me extra buttons as a present, the white train buttons! 
 

In the evening I’ve been following a crochet CAL by Polly Plum, called Step 2 it. 
It’s a corner to corner design made of trebles and granny stitch. Eventually, it becomes a rectangle but I’m not there yet. 
















I’m a bit disappointed by the yarn, the colours are in blocks rather than a brighter flow of colours but I’ll carry on. 
I’ve some ideas for my sashiko square but more of that next week. 
Bella’s always ready to model my crochet and sends you all purrs. 
And finally, 

And turkeys voting for Xmas. I just don’t get it. 

Except for our dear ones anyway! 
Take care, all, and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

12 comments:

Kyla said...

ooh sorry to hear about your leak in the bedroom, hope its all sorted out ok.
kyla

Mary Anne said...

I think the blankie looks fine, but I get your disappointment. Still Bella looks pretty happy - Poppy has been the same lately, as it's turned cold. She always wants to be close to be warm! Pom pom looks fine but when it's on? best way to test it :). Had to laugh and the last two funnies in particular. I love leaving with a smile!
Quick scoot round before knitting WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a pain about the leak, hope it’ll be sorted soon - blooming water always finds its way. You definitely did a positive thing in having a sort out though, so cathartic! I love those paint colours and could happily live with that colours wheel on the wall, having fun with your apples! Yes, the Pom Pom is too big, it’ll be floppy and get in the way, a smaller neater one will be more user friendly. Is your new Pom Pom maker by Clover? If so, I can help if you want to do a call sometime, easier than taking pics!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Helen said...

Sorry about the leak , hope the repairs have sorted it. Also glad your eyes are OK too. I like the latest colours. Helen #2

Anonymous said...

Darn water always finds a way in doesn't it?! I like the way your project looks now with the almost frilly edges even though I know it becomes a rectangle. Great And Finally's as always. Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorryn to hear about the rain getting in, bet that was a shock. The crocket is gorgeous and that is one large Pom Pom!. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x12x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Sorry to hear about the leak, always something you dread, we came home to one after our holiday, fortunately only fron the sink and no damage. Glad to hear you have the thumbs up on your eyes too. Your little hat and booties looks beautiful. I love the colours and love the crochet blanket too - a lovely design and colours too. Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

My name is Cindy said...

Oh dear glad to hear your leak is all sorted now - look on the bright side, it forced you to have a clear out!! Love the Penguin funny!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Susan Renshaw said...

Hope your leak is sorted...
I like the blanket - may have to look for that pattern...
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the leak is fully fixed now Lynne and nothing was too damaged. Good that your eyes got the all clear. Love the new crochet pattern and colour wheel too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Crafting With Jack said...

The leak was an unpleasant surprise, glad it was able to be repaired so quickly. Your crocheting looks great as does that cute little hat. I think large Pom poms are all the fashion now! Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

BJ said...

Oh the men on the moon --- made me giggle. I can't understand why they are trying to reinvent to way to get there if they did it before, did they lose the instructions? Sorry got way laid... loving the corner to corner blanket and I like the colour stripes, I thought you'd done that intentionally. Hugs BJ#6