Wednesday 26 July 2017

art for art's sake #425



Hi all, here we are for another peak at each other's workdesks and crafting.
I've been finishing up my latest lapis infinity earrings and making an origami box to send them in.
On Sunday, I went to an exhibition by an artist friend, Catherine Robinson.













It's on till the end of July in Faversham, if anyone's around, and well worth seeing.

Catherine's print, Migration II, is the poster image, right, and is really beautiful. She's done a lot of work in support of MOAS, who help save the lives of refugees trying to cross the Mediterranean into Europe.

I needed to send her a card, and so painted this one as a comment on "Migration" - still enjoying my Japanese watercolour brush pens.  

That's about all this week - happy WOYWW, everyone!
 
hugs, Lynne xxx






14 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, Happy WOYWW, brilliant photos! Thank you for sharing! Lyns xx #20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous painting, love the colours and the theme reference. Cute origami boxes too. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watercolour card, it's really lovely - you've obviously got the knack of those brush pens!! I adore that poster by your friend, am going to have to google her work, it's gorgeous!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynne,love your earrings, and your friends artwork! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poster, and such a beautiful card!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire, no. 7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great space and thanks for sharing xx Jan (36)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great card! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend's print and poster - lovely! Your own watercolor is delightful, and your origami box is a very good idea for your pretty jewelry. I like the paper you chose as well.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the earrings. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #25 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh Lynne a wonderful way to celebrate Catherine's work, am sure she'll be really flattered. Love the support of MOAS...me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very impressive card you painted for your artist friend. I am surfe she will love it and be flattered that you took such time to make it in this way.
    Hugs, Neet 8

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, and the sentiment that it was sent - I'm sure she will love it too! And who wouldn't want their earrings to arrive in such an awesome little box? Thanks for sharing, Lindart #33 - but Mr Linky will take you to a page that says my post does not exist - Fake News! click on "home" and it will take you to the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. Love the card, sure your friend will love it. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post - such a beautiful little painting. Just a late flying visit from me. x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.