Wednesday 2 August 2017

Commedia del'arte #426

 Hi, here's my painting/card making desk this week.My great friend, LLJ, had a birthday, and, knowing she likes hares, I did her a card. A little joke as well, with the bamboo, as she's trying to eradicate it from her garden.





I also painted her a reminder a brilliant day we once had at Wallington hall, kicking up leaves like crazy. This was why I was practising leaves a few weeks ago - not that I could say ;-)  oh, and a pair of the lapis infinity earrings I was working on last week.

Brian and I went to see the Rude Mechanical Theatre company on Sunday, with another friend, Chris.  - they come and do a Commedia de'Arte play every year on our village green. It's part of a tour they do. They're very funny and talented. I think they only tour the South of England, but they're well worth going to see if you have a chance.

thanks for visiting/commenting. Have a good WOYWW week, all. hugs, Lynne xxx





12 comments:

  1. Lovely card (already seen on LLJ's post). So thoughtful. Happy WOYWW Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're a thoughtful friend! Lovely card, and I know the bamboo reference would have raised that laugh...!! I think its fair to say that you have the rendition of leaves and their curling movements under your belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Kicking up leaves is great fun, love to do it with my grandchildren :-) Have a lovely week. Anne x #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and very thoughtful card - and gift. Glad you enjoyed the Theatre, nothing like a night out like that to cheer one up (that is if you need cheering - nice anyway)
    Hugs, Neet 5 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Lynne. A great card for Jan - well done. Glad you had such a fun time at the "theatre"!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynne, love the card & painting. I see you are down for the crop- thats fabulous, will get to meet at last. Theatre looks very interesting, saw the Fb pics. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the beautiful handmade card and presents, I love them all. The bamboo did make me smile, it's definitely looking a bit sicker than when you last saw it :-D I don't know if we'll ever win but it is diminishing slightly. And Wallington is a great memory!!!
    Hugs LLH 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The theatre company sound good. Love the crafting. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #26 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet the card you did for Jan. I also saw it on her blog! What a special birthday! I also loved the joke with the bamboo! LOLOL I'm sure the show was great fun! Wish we had something like coming round here! Probably in the big cities, but now in the small area I live in! Fun! Make it a great Wednesday, Felicia #27

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great WOYWW Have a great week! xx Jan (31)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, and such a sense of humour! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, so sweet. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.