Tuesday 13 July 2021

WOYWW 632

Hi all, not a lot to report craft wise this week as I’m in hospital with lung problems. On O2 and meds. 
Picking up my linen stitch cardigan again, when I get chance. 
You know, the person who invents a non painful way of taking blood pressure will have to be crowned world president or something or at least get 2 dozen Nobel prizes. πŸ˜‰ 
Lots of arguments necessary to stop them putting me, an immuno-suppressed shielder, in a ward next to patients who’ve tested positive for covid. Formal complaint sent. I’m now in a single bed side room, guardians with crossed swords at the door to ward off the demands of the dreaded bed manager.

This diet notice, still on the wall for a former patient, intrigues me. It’s right in my eye line. What are Thai bran flakes? Is that all the poor man was eating? 

After all that, the night shift nurse came in and we recognised each other. She worked at my Mum’s last nursing home near Ashford two years ago and remembers both her and me. She’s one of the excellent Nepalis locally. We’re lucky to have them here. 
We had a nice chat. She even rremembered Brian’s Welsh cakes he always baked my Mum.  I showed her my favourite photo of my Mum end she remembered it being in the room. I liked to show who she was before the cruelty of dementia. 


Update: heart rate is down and my oxygen saturation levels are up, yay! I tell my night nurse Nepalese friend it’s her effect! They’ll be chucking me out as soon as they can as I’m trouble. Hee hee😻😻
We’re due to pick up this pretty pair next week. This first one was called Daisy but I won’t stick to that as it was the name of next door’s tabby who was run over. I struggled to find a name that would fit and have settled for Gracie. Do you think it suits her?
Bella has always been Bella but she might get called Bellissima at times, and occasionally Miss Greedy 😻

And finally…


Take care and keep crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 

13 comments:

  1. I’m so glad that you found a friendly face in hospital after all the needless upset. I’m hoping that the treatment is having an effect and you’ll soon be home in readiness for those gorgeous puss cats. Gracie is a lovely name and suits her very well. The Thai branflakes made me laugh (with extra chilli and lemongrass perhaps) but on closer inspection, I think it might be the word Trial, Thai is more fun whatever, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Hope you are home and feeling stronger soon. Gracie is definitely a suitable name. Ali x #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a real comfort to have someone taking care of you that you remember and recall those days from the past. I have no idea what Thai branflakes are but they sound tastier than our British hee hee.. Wishing you a speedy recovery Lynne, you'll soon be home enjoying some calm time and cuddles with those pretty kitties. Take good care now (((Hugs))) Tracey #9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynne, so sorry to hear you aren’t well. Even more sorry that you’ve had to fight to be kept away from Covid positive patients. It should be a no brainier shouldn’t it, even if beds have to be managed! Must have been such a relief to see a face you knew! Very glad to read that you figures are improving…hope that going home is very much on the cards..you have a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came to you from LLJ's blog which I hadn't read in full - she mentioned you were in hospital so I thought i should come over straight away. Oh dear, how has this happened? I can just imagine you getting annoyed at being put in a covid ward. How scary would that have been. Complain like billy oh! I'll do a support letter if necessary, how can they treat a friend like that.
    Not a clue what Thai bran flakes are or could be - lemon grass flavour? Does not sound appetising anhow.
    Well, Lynne, I am so sorry to hear your news, I do hope you are soon back home and good for you insisting you do not go with covid patients.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon Lynne! Let's hope they can manage to keep you safe and away from Covid - common sense really isn't it! I'm chuckling at the thai bran flakes but like Jan I think it's probably trial - but then I wonder what they were "trying" to do?(and I hope it worked!) xxx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you poor thing , I hope you recover soon but how awful you had to make a fuss about your bed placement near covid beds . Take care x Helen #2


    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear you are in hospital Lynne, and I can't believe they feel it's acceptable to put you near Covid positive patients - you really shouldn't be having to argue the point when you are ill enough to be there in the first place. It must be very comforting to see a face you know. I'm glad that you're readings are good and you will be hopefully home soon. I love the name Gracie by the way - I think it suits her.
    Sending hugs,
    Diana xx #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you are in hospital and sending you love, hugs and get well wishes. Love the name Gracie. It is unbelievable that they would put you at risk that way, very glad it’s sorted and hope you are home soon. Angela #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sad you are in hospital, but at least you are now in a private room. I can't believe they mixed covid patients with non-covid patients. That is not done in the states. Of course, we must pay for our stay and sometimes that can bankrupt even the most financially secure person.

    It won't be long now and you will be able to formally adopt the new kitty. Grace is a lovely name. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO sorry to hear you are in hospital Lynne and outraged that you have had to fight to be kept away from Covid positive patients! Hope you are home soon and that Bella and Gracie will be joining you. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear you are in hospital, and I hope it won't be long before you are home and recovering. So exciting about getting the new kities, and I think Gracie is a delightful name! They look so adorable, and I hope they realise what a loving home they are about to enter. Nice to think of another Bella too - our Bella was such a little poppet and I miss her.

    Thank you for your visit - so kind when you are incapacitated in hospital! Thank you for good wishes. My exercises are super-simple to do and so far absolutely no problems - have to keep the shoulder mobile. I am sure the mammogram staff will enjoy the cartoon! Everyone loved it at the Breast Unit!

    Get well soon, and happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #18

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that you are in hospital - I do hope you are feeling better!

    I always used to tell carers/nurses about my Dad as he really was before the Alzheimers...

    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe!
    Susan #23
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.