Tuesday 27 July 2021

WOYWW 634 cats and squares

Hi there! I'm back for our weekly blog hop, peeking into each others craft workspaces courtesy of Julia at the Stamping Ground. Click on the WOYWW to find out more.

Here's my crafting for this week. I'm making 6inch squares for a charity called Hug a Blanket, which makes special blankets for children with severe or life-limiting illnesses. For the moment, as I slowly recover from my lung problems. it's interesting enough without being too taxing.  


And of course, I have a new job - as cat cushion!
This sums me up.  or two.... 
Bella and Gracie are an absolute delight. 
Gracie was so timid in the cattery, hiding behind the basket, but she's blossomed here. 
She jumps up on my lap, head butts me, licks my nose and likes a fuss. She will stare into my eyes for minutes at a time.

Bella is so energetic, I wondered if she has some Bengali ancestry as she surfed down a shelf of DVDs this morning. Here she's found a local OS map. I wonder if she's plotting adventures? We're keeping them in for a couple of weeks but I'm sure  they’ll enjoy the garden.

I found the earrings below from a promotion on our local NextDoor app. Carrie, A Folkestone woman, who  is too ill to work, has set up an Etsy shop, making polymer jewellery. I bought the ones below to hang off my sleepers. Very nice quality, dramatic and good value.
Her shop is here Simply Pretty Craft Well worth a look.
She even sent me a 2nd pair for free! I'm going to put them on silver sleepers, but this gives you an idea.

We had tickets for the Rude Mechanicals Theatre Company, who come and do an outside performance of Commedia dell'Arte on our village green, the Tayne Field, every summer. Brian took chairs and blankets across, then came back for me. My legs were like jelly but it was a really good show, "Little Lily Harley," about Charlie Chaplin's childhood.  They're touring the South of England - well worth seeing if you can. Tickets and schedule here: Little Lily Harley




They have a Death character who did a wonderful Dead tango - I want that for my funeral!


And finally....








Stay safe and keep on crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts

17 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to go and enjoy the fun on the green - it sounds fabulous! Take care. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to make it to the show Lynne, it sounds like it was great fun. Bella and Gracie look like they have always lived with you. So good that they have settles in so well. The new squares for the blanket look fab. The yoga funny was my favourite this week. Stay safe, happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your cats enjoying life. The earrings are cool too - Have a great week - stay safe & well - Cheers Maurs xxx #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nowhere better to recover than home, and especially with Gracie and Bella to get to know and keep you both company. I love a touring theatre and I love outdoor theatre too, so the combination is great…and so much safer for you. Bet it’s been a while since you even walked as far as the village green. Wishing you an easy recovery and some robustness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are recovering well and were able to enjoy the show. Gracie and Bella are adorable and look like they have settled right in - what lucky girls they are. The earrings are great - certainly statement pieces and I shall pop over and have a look at the shop when I've got some more visits under my belt! I love the funnies too.
    Hope you have a good week
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Death cartoon made me laugh out loud!!! I’m so pleased that the cats have settled in well with you, they really are pretty with beautiful eyes. The pic of Bella on the OS map was fun, it looks like she’s studying where you could go. Hooray for getting out to some theatre, so glad you enjoyed it and well done for being brave enough to go as well. This earrings are lovely, very you!!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that last cartoon is a spooky one, but funny! The cats are beautiful and look settled in already. The theatre outings sounds wonderful. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. The funnies are funny! I might have to borrow some, one or two! The kitties are adoreable! And your squares are just delightful!! In all, a lovely cuddly post! Keep on crafting! Stay Safe! Happy WOYWW!? (Lyn) #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. The production sounds wonderful - how good that you got to it even if you were a bit of a jelly on the way.
    Loved reading about the new cats - have followed your stories on FB but this time on here I got a real lovely tale )no pun) about sliding cats. So glad they have settled so well. Happy ties ahead.
    Hugs, Neet 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely initiative that blanket! I'm glad to hear Bella and Gracie have found their forever home and are settling in well - they will make the loss of Thea easier to bear. My mum and dad have recently lost a cat as well (they found him as a kitten while they were out cycling 10 years ago, crying by the roadside, so they took him home, but had to be put down a few weeks ago - he couldn't swallow and didn't eat anything for weeks - the vets couldn't do anything for him) They now have two kittens running around to keep them occupied. One door closes, another one opens. Have fun with yours! xx zsuzsa #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your crochet squares. Thank you for the advice. Is Kefir the same as those little liquidy yogurts that are supposed to help the same? The lady with the cat reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynne it's always good to see what you're up to and loving the kitties and the funnies. Wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is better with cats! Bella and Gracie are gorgeous! How lovely that Gracie is so affectionate, I miss having an affectionate cat that likes to be handled, my current cats are not interested lol. Happy WOYWW! Elle #18 this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you to see the drama on the green!
    Love that cat on the blue square.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #7
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cartoons made me laugh and made me think of my little kitten who has enough energy for two and often up to no good. It's so nice to see photos of your beautiful cats. I'm glad you got out to see the performance - it looks fun. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #22

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely post, Lynne! Welcome to Bella and Gracie. I am so glad they have settled in so well already, and what a joy to see Gracie blossoming so fast as well, and being so affectionate and loving with you. I hope they will both bring you many years of joy. They are so pretty! Give them a good cuddle from Shoshi, Lily and Ruby!!

    So, you are making a kitty throw! Lol! Love the kitty squares. Some child is going to absolutely love this. I am glad to hear you are recovering from your recent lung illness and I expect you've got to take it easy for a while. Crochet is just the thing, and having two delightful kitties to keep you company. Lovely earrings, and I particularly enjoyed the Cat Sommelier!

    Happy belated WOYWW, and get well soon!
    Shoshi x #12

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great idea to put cats on your squares - I wonder if I could put them on my twiddlemitts? Love the cat funnies too! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.