Tuesday 5 October 2021

WOYWW 644 Squares and Nepalese stories

Hi everyone! Back again for our weekly peek at each other’s crafting. Have a look at The Stamping Ground and join in!



My cardigan is growing apace, and I spent a happy rainy afternoon weaving in ends under Bella’s supervision. 


She’s become very much a lap cat recently. Brian took this picture of her, that I love. So cool she should be saying “Peel me a mouse, Beulah!”
Gracie is already practicing hibernation for the winter. 

We had a lovely walk along Folkestone Leas on Sunday, as the rain had stopped. 
I go in the car with Brian when he goes shopping but I often wait in the car. Yesterday I felt I was hiding too much. Sometimes I think I’ll never go out normally again. So I went with him into our local Nepalese grocers, Everest Food, and enjoyed it. Small pleasures! (All masked up of course).  I’m also going to ask the respiratory consultant who said I wouldn’t survive the virus if that’s still true. They know more about it now than when he told me that. 
Anyway, Everest sell decent sizes of spices, and my mouth puckered just at the thought of Szechuan pepper pickles and sauces.  A little of that numbed mouth goes a long way 😋


We’re lucky to have the Gurkhas at Shorncliffe Barracks. There was a lot of street hassle of women with the previous regiment. The Gurkhas are very polite, but don’t mess with them! One local yob thought he saw a chance of robbing a “little old man” at a cash point. Next thing he knew, he was on the ground with the “little old man” (a retired Gurkha) sitting on his back phoning the police. 😀 And we get places such as Everest, shown above for good supplies. 
And finally…




And I couldn’t resist this video
Sorry about that. 😏

Take care and happy happy crafting!

Hugs
Lynnecrafts 



11 comments:

  1. Hummm. did you change your blog to accept no-logged-in-to-google comments!? When? No matter, happy I can actually say how much I like yor squares - so pretty! - and appreciate the laugh of that oh-so-round kitty.

    Happy WOYWW, early today :)
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that 'round' sentiment in a stamp - it's a woman of course and not a cat.
    Loved your story about the little Ghurka at the cashpoint. Good for him.
    I am or was just the same as you about shopping but he was as well because he was afraid of bringing it back to me. Now we go shopping together, an hour away from home which is where we feel safer. I wonder if life ever will go back to what was normal for me. Glad I am not alone in taking such precautions (yes, we are masked and sprayed up when out)
    Hugs, Neet 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting out of the car - small victories and all that. You’re right to ask the consultant more questions as it may help your confidence. The Nepalese story was great, made me smile! There were many Gurkhas and other nationalities in Tidworth, going round the Tesco there was an adventure, I’ll never forget the 6’6 guy from Fiji (or somewhere similar) in there, it was like coming face to face with an Easter Island Figure! Your crochet squares are coming on a treat and I’m glad you’ve got two little furry supervisors!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab post all together. So glad you felt able to go into the shop - life has to go on - let's hope your consultant can give you sound advice on that. I think we also need more Gurkhas in our life to keep us well protected. Your crochet is taking shape and looking lovely. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weaving is beautiful Love the colors. Some great photos too And I agree, we need to get out, especially enjoy the outdoor weather. Early on I didn't go anywhere and was going to drive into town to mail a package and the battery in my car was dead, tires low and I had my husband recharge it and He said "YOU need to drive this and get out of the house !" So Now I DO. But our stores are really low on inventory, so many things we can't buy and lots of places closed for good or closed a day or two a week as there is NO HELP. You need to call before you go to see if they are open !!!! It's really gotten out of control. Enjoy a good week Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the how to measure like a Brit flowchart Lynne. The cardigan is coming on so well - glad that the kitties are so helpful making sure everything is done just right. I do hope that you feel more able to get out and about to some places soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your squares are coming on apace, Lynne, and I'm glad to see you've got a feline assistant. Gorgeous kitty photos as always! Your funnies made me laugh. We certainly are a mixed up lot with our measurements, aren't we! I am an Imperial girl myself. Never could get on with metric. Since a lot of craft stuff is from America, that suits me fine!

    Happy WOYWW, and purrs to Gracie and Bella from Lily and Ruby.
    Shoshi x #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not been to Folkestone for so long... what a lovely view for your walk. The gurkhas are truly good people - good for the "little old man" Have a good week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pressed the wrong button on this comment, sorry!
    The cats are so cute, the squares look fab and I can't wait to see it all together. I'm still masked and everything sprayed but noticed a lot of people ignoring the sprays now going into supermarkets. Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the consultant is able to revise his very scary advice a bit now, you’ve got to be able to be out and about a bit more or you’ll end up a bit more crackers indoor cat lady!! I’m with Grace, if hibernation were possible for humans, id do it from the day the clocks go back until January. Loving the cardi squares, really you must be close to finish now. I’m rather excited. Quite fancy a coat length one myself….

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have never gone fully metric in the U.K. have we. Fabulous crochet squares. That is so scary , being told you wouldn’t survive! I think I would have become a hermit! A very belated happy WOYWW Angela #8

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.