Tuesday 19 October 2021

WOYWW 646 Rectangles and catnip

Hi all, back again for our weekly blog hop care of  Julia at The Stamping Ground




My squares are increasingly morphing into rectangles! Both fronts done; 
I’m just about ready to start the back. Here you can see last week’s green in situ. 

After my local wool shop said “Oh we don’t stock Stylecraft cotton & bamboo now, it’s a summer yarn” I got a bit paranoid about supplies. Black Sheep Wools in Warrington still have stock, thank goodness. I might have bought a bit more than I need - it’s hard to estimate when you’re making it up as you go along! Still, I always say that curating my yarn stash is a separate hobby from using it!

As angelic as our cats look, they’ve been scratching the furniture. I know, they look like butter wouldn’t melt. 





















However, they’ve been scratching so I bought some scratching boards. Some have catnip added so I bought some to make the boards more attractive and left the sealed bag on the table. 
We came back to find the bag chewed open, and catnip all over the floor.  
Gracie did an unconvincing job of pretending it was nothing to do with her. 


They are using the scratching boards and damaging less elsewhere though. 

Thanks to all for your supportive sentiments regarding Princes Parade. The inquiry started yesterday so fingers crossed. Here’s a picture so you can see the area around the Royal Military Canal. Why do some greedy b@stards see somewhere beautiful and can only think how many houses they can build on it? 🤬🤬


I’m going for my covid booster jab on Sunday. Hope you all get yours soon. 

And finally….






Take care and happy crafting!
Hugs 
Lynnecrafts 


13 comments:

  1. The And Funnies made me hoot! Especially the bagpipes one, I rather like the sound but they were referred to as The Bags of Doom by my old band when we had to stand in front of them in the Marlborough Remembrance Day parade! Hooray for getting your booster jab too, so important xx. I love the progress of the cardigan and understand the need to ge the yarn, it’ll always come in handy for something else!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep that yarn stash well stocked - it's a badge of honour for a real crafter! Black sheep wools are great. Love the funnies. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must first of all say I like your funnies - where on earth did you find them?
    I have given up on the booster jab - I don't think my name is on any list. Chas has his on Monday, no sign of mine and my second jab is six months old in 4 days! So much for being extremely vulnerable!
    Oh dear, the exploits of the felines! Now I can only blame whoever left the bag of catnip on the floor, or anywhere the cats could reach. It must have been a mess though - what a sight to come home to.
    Hugs, Neet xx 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deleted this by mistake, sorry Annie!
    Copied back in here.

    Thanks for visiting me earlier and for your lovely comment. I feel so loved being part of the Wednesday gang and I’m sure it will aid my recovery...I think it’s going to be a long road though...it’s such a horrible virus so I’m glad you’re getting your booster. Really loved your funnies...laughter works like a tonic
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scratching the furniture can be a real problem. My cat used to walk to the chair looking at you the whole time and proceed to scratch the chair unless you got up first and let him out! I hope you get a good solution to your environmental problem. Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the funnies they were very smile worthy Lynne. I was surprised that the wool shop didn't offer to get you some of the wool in as it sounds like it's still available but at least you can get it somewhere else. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great funnies!! Glad you are still able to get the yarn you need - that's not very good customer service, you'd think they'd be happy to help. Have a good week and thanks for visiting. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your funnies, made me really laugh! Cats really do love Catnip don't they - had to smile at your naughty kitties exploits with it. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Lynne, I think I must be permanently drunk. I love the sound of the bagpipes! Being part Scots, it's in the blood! I was very amused to read about your kitties' antics too, and I'm glad the scratching boards are saving the furniture a bit. Our two like to scratch the carpet, especially just before meals, and the cat tree is right beside them, with scratching posts at all 4 corners! Your crochet is coming on fine. Typical that they'd only stock certain yarns at certain times of year - do they think you can rustle up a garment that quickly? Anyway I'm glad you managed to source some supplies elsewhere. I never follow patterns and tend to buy yarns in bulk on cones, and have boxes of oddments too so I mix and match, and sometimes double up if it's too thin for what I want.

    Thanks for your visit, and I'm glad you liked my butterfly project. Our little ladies send meows to yours.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. I needed a laugh and the funnies were great for that. I hate the whole "winter v summer" stock thing. Honestly I knit all weights all year so why do they do that? In fact I want to knit jumpers in the sprint and fall so they are ready for winter! Oh well, glad you found stock. Happy knitting....

    Happy WOYWW, a little late but all jabbed!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funnies are so funny!
    I like the fact that your squares are becoming rectangles....
    happy WOYWW!
    Susan #5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you boaster goes well I have mine today, Hope you manage to tame to cats. Love the funnies,

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #18

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no not the furniture! Luckily (maybe) mine don't use the furniture but they do like to use the carpets!!! So I have cardboard scratchers around the floors to persuade them not to lol The stair carpet is a particular favourite! So sorry, RL got in the way, and I am terribly late. Happy belated WOYWW! Elle #11, EOTC

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.