Tuesday 2 November 2021

WOYWW 648 Spiral taming; pumpkin hat threats


Hi all, here’s my desk this week. When the basket is full I do some more joining up. The folder is my Starlight Melodies pattern book from Polly Plum. 


I’m having to do some small rectangles for the border as the full sized ones are too wide. They’re a bit boring so I go off into spiral taming mode every so often. When I’m in the middle of one it seems incredible I’ll ever wrestle it into a square shape. I’ve lots still to make. 

(Bluestone accent!). 











Pumpkin hat threats
I’ve been showing Bella and Gracie this picture all week. I tell them I’ll make hats like this and make them wear them if they fight

They’re behaving a bit better…sometimes 😻😻


Princes Parade
I’m afraid the work at Princes Parade has started, even before the public enquiry into stopping up the road is finished.
Work at Princes Parade. (Links to Facebook). Today and tomorrow are the last days of the enquiry. Please send positive vibes to Folkestone!
Here’s a very moving speech made at the hearing by my friend Chris Farrell

And finally…
I am so fed up of hiding from the pandemic - anti-vaxxers make my blood boil. If their point of view were followed, we’d still be fighting smallpox and polio as well. 


And one for Halloween…

I’m off now to join in the blog hop courtesy of Julia at the Stamping Ground 

Take care all and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts  x

12 comments:

  1. I have no truck with anti vaxxers either Lynne. I have lost count of the number of people on FB that I have blocked. I am hoping to get my booster soon as it is now 6 months since my second jab. Keeping everything crossed for a sensible planning decision in the end. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that cat in a pumpkin hat is the cutest thing I have seen in ages - edges out only by my new great nephew :) Your "squares" will become square in the blocking, I'm sure and you are inching closer with every one to a done project. Woohoo!

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spiral squares (now that sounds wrong!) are fab and the Bluestone colour works so well, nice touch! The pumpkin cat cat made me laugh out loud and if that doesn’t put your two off fighting then I don’t know what will!! The anti vax cartoon got the point over very well highlighting the stupidity and sheer selfishness of those who have chosen not to get jabbed. Grrrrrr.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squares are looking great and as Jan said the Bluestone colour really works well. I'm with you on the anti-vaxxers, I feel so frustrated at their selfishness and inability to understand the bigger picture.
    I love the picture of the pumpkin cat hat - how cute is that - I hope your kitties take note and improve their behaviour!
    I'm sending positive vibes to Folkstone, and I hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
    Diana xx #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your pumpkin wearing kittie on FB and it worked for me, so cute. Maybe your two liked it so that is no deterrent.
    Sorry about the local council, councils can be very stubborn, I have reason to not like them.
    Don't get me going on anti vaxxers!
    Off to listen to your friend.
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitty in the pumpkin hat and the Halloween funny too. The anti vaccine one was very appropriate and a little sad. Will it ever end - sigh! Happy WOYWW Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the latest squares I should be due my booster in a few weeks, although a girl at work had hers ar weekend and just tested positive, so we all had to do a test this morning flipping virus! Have a good week Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think Be
    La and Gracie neeeeeed pumpkin hats even if they stop fighting altogether! Makes me smile to see you going off into spirals, I can’t even be bothered with a yarn colour change so it doesn’t occur to me to get radical and alter a pattern!! I think some joining is in order Miss Lynne. fingers crossed for Princes Parade, but if work has started, ugh.q

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pumpkin hat is amazing - that poor cat! Love the crochet squares. I am with you on anti-vaxxers - unbelievable! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God bless, Caro xxx (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! those kitty hats are adorable! I think they should have one anyway or maybe something for Christmas. I don't understand anyone who doesn't want the vaccine especially now it's been proved how effective it is and also that some people have sadly realised the mistake too late. There was someone just this week who had decided to start having the vaccine and died days before they were due to have it. Stay safe and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, hugs Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your kind comments. I’m sure being park of this wonderful group has aided my recovery.
    I really love the idea of making spiral squares....it seem a contradiction in terms but it works so well.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your spiral crochet is great, Lynne. I had a go at it once and found it quite difficult to get my head around! I hope the kitties are settling down better together now, and sorting out some sort of pecking order. Thank you for your visit - glad you liked my cards. Thank you for your good wishes for my hubby.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.