Tuesday 23 November 2021

WOYWW 651 Borders

Hi all, back for our weekly blog hop courtesy of Miss Julia and Mr Linky.  
I’ve been thinking about borders for my cardigan. I don’t like the effect of the little squares so I’m trying a textured border as shown below. I’m hoping it will bring it together and not look too fussy. I’ve left space for button holes. I’ll close up the holes more once I’ve decided on the buttons. I’ve ordered Willow pattern ones made in Australia   - hope they look as good in reality as they do on Etsy buttons
I’m a sucker for Willow pattern!
I’ve been doing lots of sewing up as well and carefully not sewing Bella into it 😻
Here she’s modelling the left front border for me. 



Both cats have been happy when I sit with them. I guess I make a good heated cushion!

But this week I started rehab (NOT like Amy Winehouse 😏). It’s pulmonary rehab after my hospital stay in the summer. It’s basically an exercise class run by pulmonary nurses. They hold it in a large, airy church hall and there are only 5 of us, so not too scary. I wish I knew their vaccine status though. 
So my cats, I’ll have less time to spend as a cat cushion. 
And finally…

















Take care and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

14 comments:

  1. Such helpful kitties Lynne. Hope the rehab goes well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds good, pulmonary rehab, great service! I presume that you aren’t allowed to know their vaccination status, but would like to think that any that aren’t vaccinated would be really keeping their distance. Still, as only five of you, I believe the stats might be in your favour! I wondered how you were going to border the cardigan, and I love the idea of a proper edge rather than more squares….you’re ever so nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rehab sounds good, after a couple of weeks it'll be easy peasy.
    My youngest grandson loves my fridge magnets so your funny about the dog made me laugh, best exercise for first thing in the morning... Thank you
    Christine #04

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the magnet eating dog funny! Both your cats and your crochet look beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you wearing you new creation. Happy WOYWW Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would like to think that being a breathing thing they make sure everyone is up to date with Covid vaccine. Perhaps you could ask one of the nurses on the quiet, well tell her about your concern.
    Glad the cats are behaving themselves, at least whilst withk you. No more fighting?
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Lynne, your cats are gorgeous, and Bella is so helpful. That last kitty photo is guaranteed to melt your heart. The willow pattern buttons sound the perfect match. Enjoy the rehab class and Happy WOYWW. Elizabeth x #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really REALLY like that border idea - must share it with a crochet mad mate of mine. It's fab. As are the cats LOL!
    (I should be cooking but I can't help but desk hop for a bit!)
    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The border is looking great . Love the funnies and good luck with the regab Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats are quite useful at times and I'm sure they are good at keeping you warm too. The border is going to be a great finish to the new cardigan, clever idea. Good luck with the rehab too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the kittie photos and the border looks amazing. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fab that you’re able to go to rehab (sorry, can’t get Amy Winehouse out of my head!) I sincerely hope it helps. I’m liking that border very much, the lacy quality is a good edging for the squares…you’ll have to show the buttons when they arrive!
    Hugs LLJ 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like your cats are enjoying your work (which looks pretty cool)!
    Have a great week!
    Carol N #21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bella makes a great model for your wool borders! Ilove the funnies...I might borrow the dog on the fridge one if you don't mind! Stay Safe! Keep on Crafting! Happy late WOPYWW!?((Lyn))#16

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cardi coming along well, the edging brings it altogether nicely. Again thanks for the Duolingo prompt, doing Hebrew, Yiddish and Welsh, now there's a mixture if ever... BJ#5

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.