Tuesday 19 March 2024

WOYWW 772 Watercolours and busking crochet

Hi all, don’t these Wednesdays come around fast!Here’s my desk at art class last Thursday. I wish I’d cut the stem shorter on the tulip but too late now. 

Here’s the painting. I was pleased with my vase colour mix. A watery grey made from ultramarine and burnt sienna plus Amazonite from my Daniel Smith confetti cards. 

Pussy willow was tricky to do but I enjoyed it. 
This week we’re painting birds. I hope a kingfisher counts as a garden bird - there are some by the Nailbourne nearby!
I’ve done a drawing to check it’s feasible. He needs to be a bit stockier, I think. 
I’m busking the sleeves for my cardi now. 
I don’t have a pattern so I’m wrapping it round my arm every so often, as I go. I’ve only undone it once. 😄

Bella’s been very busy helping me 😹😹
 

Driving down to Folkestone for lessons is no fun now. Potholes are really bad, but I guess they are everywhere with council budgets cut by central govt and the rainy spring. 

And finally…


Take care, all and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx

12 comments:

  1. Your painting is lovely, I just knew the pussy willow would be difficult. It's like fur on an animal, that is difficult to do too.
    Crochet is lovely, gorgeous colours. I am going to have a shot at Tunisian crochet - following a short video on FB which I shared. I can't do normal so in for a penny with this one.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting, the vase is gorgeous as is the pussy willow, that is indeed a tricky plant to paint. I love the photo of the mug, I want one! That test on it is just fabulous! Happy woyww, hug from Holland. Marit #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cartoons made me SMILE BIG ! Especially that cup !! I was amazed at your painting. It looks so real...BEAUTIFUL I actually thought it was from a garden! Enjoy your next session on the birds. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah I get it, from your title I thought you were doing some kind of crochet event at a train station with your hat on the floor...... love your drawings you are very talented. The jumper is looking good, I like the colours!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolor!
    Happy Wednesday Hugs,
    Kim #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. You painting is wonderful. I admire your talent! And the crochet is looking so bright and cheery. Not sure which makes me happier, the yarn-y goodness or the fluffy Bella or the funnies! Can't choose. Won't!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the funnies, particularly the password one as they are such a pain. Lovely painting of your flowers and I look forward to seeing your kingfisher too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. great painting! good luck with the kingfisher tomorrow.. I did laugh at the funnies - the password one is particularly appropriate ! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so right these Wednesdays do seem to come round quickly. Loving the painting, you're obviously having a great time. I enjoyedc the funnies though the pot hole one isn't so funny as it's getting out of hand throughout the country except I suzspect in London Lol! Sending hugs and wishes for a very happy woyww. Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your funnies are hilarious, especially the password one! Your cardigan is coming along nicely! I love your painting! At first glance, I thought it was the sample that you were using as a guide! Very nicely done!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, WOYWW #22

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your painting….you have real talent. I love the colours of your cardigan too.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #6

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super watercolour. The Pussy Willow inspired me to do some more for fodder too. Love Pussy Willow. Think mine are a bit more arty than realistic though. Your funnies made be giggle this week. Hugs BJ#9

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.