Wednesday 22 May 2024

WOYWW 781 crop and arts

Hi all, Thank you, Sarah, for taking over.  Wasn’t last Saturday’s crop great? 

We gossiped, crafted, introduced the people from outside Stoke to Staffordshire oatcakes (delicious!) and I gave Neet a crochet lesson. 
For those who weren’t there, oatcakes are a sort of yeasted pancake made with oatmeal. You traditionally have them with melted cheese and bacon. 
I have a different view of them for you. I went to a craft shop, Two Doors Studio in Alsager, and they have an artist who stamps with oatcakes! 

I’ll find the artists name again but the pictures are  on sale at the brilliant Two Doors Studio in Alsager, Stoke-On-Trent. They sell gifts, cards and art from local artists and it’s run by Lorna and Steve Plant, very old friends we’ve known since the 1970s but had lost contact with. 
For my part oatcakes are too precious to craft with but they’re available everywhere in Stoke so that gives you a different point of view. 
Today I visited the brilliant International Watercolour Masters exhibition and demo. It’s on for the rest of the week at Lilleshall hall, near Newport, Shropshire. 
This is by my art tutor, Claire Sparkes. Today was a demo by a Peruvian artist, Nicholas Lopez. He uses grades of black watercolour, big flat brushes and lots of water. My black splash on my hare this week didn’t seem to matter so much! He did two pictures of Lilleshall hall in less than an hour. 
Very impressive and completely different techniques so really interesting. 



I’m so late as the storm clouds followed me for all the 250mile journey home so I’ll do ATCs next week. 

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx



5 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the crop Lynne. It was great to meet you and Brian in person. Thanks for the recorder and good that you caught up with old friends that you had lost touch with in Alsager. Thanks for joining in at the new home for WOYWW. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you’re back home safe and sound and also that you had such a good time at the Crop! There have been some great pics, it looked like everyone had fun! How amazing that the gallery was owned by your long lost friends, that’s just marvellous to reestablish contact after all that time. Bet Bella was happy to see you!!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne . If you've not had an Oatcake you don't know what you're missing but as the older members of my family were from Staffordshire I was brought up on them as a child. My great grandfather was an engineer and came over from Staffordshire when they opened the coal mines in South Yorkshire where I was born. Loving your display of art work, very interesting. I'm a bit late getting round today as I got the message this morning that my mum died early this morning but it's a relief for her as she's not been doing too well for some time, she was 95. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up with the later postings! Loved seeing all these photos of the artworks!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a happy weekend wasn't it. Great that you found stamped oatcakes whilst reuniting with friends! The shades of black watercolours are amazing, and the time frame is a bit mind boggling for me, what a skill!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.