Tuesday 28 May 2024

WOYWW 782 Wax resist, hare- painting, boho crochet

Hi all,
Here’s my desk this week at art class where we started to play with wax resist. 
Using oil pastels, wax crayons, candles and PVA glue, we lay down layers that will resist a later application of watercolour, to provide pops of colour, patterns, or highlights. 
After half-term, we’ll use these on a still life. 
The break allows me to catch up with my ink/twig/feather and watercolour hare. I want to do a wet in wet section underneath its back, with stretched clingfilm to suggest grasses, but then it’s finished, I think. 
Here are my ATCs from the crop:

Caro, Neet, Julia, Mary Anne,Angela, another CaroI think, (Bella has just sat on my lap and disrupted them😹)with Eva and Neet in the front row. 
Cindy, Annie, my * one from Annie, Jo and Sarah
And a lovely card from Julia thanking us for her gift. 
I’m sure one or two have gone astray but I’ll display them again. 
This one just arrived from Susan Renshaw. 



The boho bag is progressing. I’ll sew it over a plain cotton bag. 
And finally…

I always liked Wiley Coyote- I have a theory that if you don’t look down, you don’t fall. 

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

13 comments:

  1. You are definitely learning some interesting techniques at the class, I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much. The hare is lovely, of course! Like your crochet bag too, that’s going to be fab. What a lovely array of ATCs too, I thought your crystal 15th idea was very clever!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ATC. Collection there Lynne Your hare picture is really beautiful - so clever x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I did give you one of my atcs but can't see it there. I forgot to say last week how much I enjoyed A Sense for Silver, I devoured it whilst we were at Stoke (finished it on the train back from London) and now need to know what happens next! hope you work it out yourself :) it made me hungry too! Thanks for your comment. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making quick visits while away as the Wi-Fi is good at the villa. Thanks for joining in and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love using pastels....maybe I should get them back out [if only I had time!!]. The cording kit was off Amazon but beware mine didn't come with instructions.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coyote sign🤣🤣. I would like to do a course like yours, you do some very interesting techniques. Your hare is looking great. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne, great collection of ATCs and what a lovely day we had. It's so good to learn new things. Love your Hare. Wishing you a very happy woyww Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely ATC's wish I could've been there, but it was just too far away...love the coyote funny the best! Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#14

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful boho bag and great collection of art work Happy woyww and have a great weekend - Michelle #13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad my card arrived!! Lots to see in your post today! Happy WOYWW! Susan #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh. Nifty idea to do the squares over a cotton bag! That is going to be GREAT. The crop was so much fun, worth the travel (for me, not sure if the Family agrees LOL!). and already thinking ahead t the next one... :D
    Happy Knitting Day (for me) WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hare is fabulous! Well, I tried crocheting on the journey up to the van but did n't get very far. I think I need to watch that set of videos you recommend. You, on the other hand, are a whizz - I cannot believe you have done so much of your bag after what I saw at the Crop. It was lovely to meet you and Brian in person, so glad you came.
    At the caravan so internet variable which means I am so late.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agh! I was here, honest, I said I liked the coyote funny best! Must have been one of the comments that I coudn't type on, knowing me I probably kebt tying and didn't notice nothing was happening! You were in spam again...which is why I popped back. I don't think I mentioned the hare last time, but he is brilliant, so I will this time! Fantastic!! I'm house dog/sitting this week. So can catch up on Visiting! Happy late woyww ((Lyn))#14....I think.... as I started off as 13...getting older by the second!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.