Tuesday 25 July 2023

Books and parcels

Hi all, not much crafting has gone on this week as I've received the paperbacks of my new novel and have been selling them. It's really exciting!


I had to give my occupation this week and could say 'Retired Chartered engineer and published author!'

It won't be available online on such as Amazon for another month but I've had a stand at Lyminge Farmers' and Artisan market and have been packing up books that I've sold by post. Lots of parcels!



PRIZE DRAW! 

I had a mystery box competition - you can see little silver boxes on the stall above. I'll hold the same here: If you guess what's in them (it's the same for both) you can win a signed copy of my novel.
 If you don't win, you can wait for Amazon or order a signed copy from me for £10 plus postage (In the UK that's £3.45). You can email me on lmcollis@icloud[dot]com for details or message me on Facebook via LynneCollisBooks.

There's a social media phenomenon called unboxing, where you send a nice package to reviewers and they video opening the box as well as reviewing the book. 
My book is nicely wrapped in silver tissue, plus there's my postcard bookmark with a copy of Granny Boswell's Apricot and Almond bara brith and the cover of my novel. And there's a little silver box in each promotional box with the mystery item in each. I couldn't find boxes small enough and then realised I could make them from origami paper., DOH! So, a bit of crafting at least!


I meant to show you last week the pressie LLJ and family bought us for our 40th wedding anniversary. 
It's this gorgeous dragon lovespoon: 

I've got to go to Exeter on Thursday for a memorial event for my cousin's husband, so I'll take my crochet on the train with me. 
B is staying home as Bella has been in the wars. We think a black cat that's been invading the house to eat their food got into a fight with her when we were away. We had someone feeding her but at night they were here alone. She's a nasty bite on her back and has been on antibiotics all week. The little love just eats the antibiotic tablet from my hand!
We'll try again with the chip coded catflap once I get home, but that's slow work with Gracie, who didn't like it last time we tried.

And finally




take care and happy WOYWW
Lynnecrafts xx







10 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of book sales, it’s a great achievement. My guess is a Ferrero Rocher . Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick visits today as I seem to be even busier than usual now that the holidays are here. Looking forward to the arrival of your book - are they tiny Eiffel Towers in the boxes? Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times indeed! I’m so pleased that you’re busy selling and sending off copies of your book, brilliant to hear. I like the detail you’ve incorporated into the packaging and presentation as well, the little touches make all the difference. I’m sorry you’ve got to go to Exeter, at least you managed to see him when you visited before.
    Hugs to you all,
    LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the trip to 'Exeter, not pleasant things to go to.So sorry about the cat bite, is it not getting better yet? Do want a copy of your book so need details - also wonder if there is a tiny Eiffel Tower inside the boxes. Good luck with the book sales and thanks for the funnies, love the last one.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting times for you. I hope you sell lots of copies of your book.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are already selling a LOT of books. I'm so happy for you.

    Neet stole my idea of what was in the box, so I will go with Byzantine silver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear those funnies made me giggle!! What a gorgeous lovespoon, really stunning present. But more important congratulations to you - published author indeed! Will be in touch! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Bella, hope she is ok soon. The gift from LLJ is gorgeous. Good luck with the book sales Helen '2

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there might be a tny kiitty in the boxes. Good luck with the sales and thanks for the funnies, love them.Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh congrats! how lovely to see you with a big smile and an (ever decreasing?) pile of published books! I'm guessing it might be a ... silver Cat charm? We love our cat's don't we? The thought of a lovely "unboxing" is quite fun LOL! Sorry the funeral will dampen your mood and of course hope Bella is better soon. Be sure to check out my "Travel Poppy" on my blog cause I know it will make you smile.
    Happy WOYWW a day late

    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.