I’m writing this in the A&E department of the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford. I tripped and landed an upper chest rib on the hard suitcase-like handle of my art bag. It’s painful to breathe so I went to see my GP, who sent me here. We’ve been here over 6 hours now. They’ve checked my breathing, taken bloods and done an ECG, and I’m awaiting a CT scan, and the subsequent report. Hey ho, there are people in a worse state.
I wasn’t planning on coming here so I don’t even have any embroidery, crochet or knitting with me.
Something else I didn’t expect was they’ve just given me a morphine tablet. I did tell them I have to drive home later 😵💫
Most of this week I ve been knitting, with the pattern and yarn I mentioned last week. I like the pattern but am less sure of the yarn - it has these not so nice brown sections. As it will be very late when we come home I guess I’ll show you that next week.
I was taken with some swirly watercolour by an artist called Brian James, which I’ve tried to imitate.
I’ll do this one again as I messed up the point of the red petal but I’m pleased overall.
My other crafting was a card for our Jan. I had to get her to photograph it for me as I sent it off without remembering to do it myself. 🙄
Bella prefers me knitting to painting as there’s room for her on my lap. She sends you all purrs, though I’ve had to text her aunty Liz to feed her as it’s past Bella’s teatime.
And finally
Hopefully I’ll be home soon 😀 and can visit tomorrow
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx






6 comments:
Happy pre-knitting WOYWW!
Your watercolour is gorgeous but I am not loving all the security challenges I am getting today from WOYWW blogspots. I hope I can make it thru the list before knitting!!
Mary Anne (3)
Oh Lynne, I’m so sorry you ended up in A&E, thank goodness nothing is broken but you must be sore. A quiet couple of days being looked after by Bri and Bella will hopefully help. Your card was fab, thank you so much, as were my lovely presents 🥰
Hugs LLJ 6 xx
Oh gosh! it must be our week for it. I was in A&E most of yesterday too. Been having dizzy feelings off and on since the hot weather started. Waiting today for blood results. Hope everything goes well for you. Love the watercolour flower. Gentle woyww hugs Angela x1x
Oh my life Lynne, I'm cringing as I read about your "trip up". Hope you get sorted soon and the morphine doesn't stop you driving home! Loving the swirly watercolour, I really must have a go at that too. Pretty card for Jan and snickers in a twix made me smile. Having a bit of a day here again with all the 3 building developments conflicting!!!Just vacuumed my air-con machine so now it's working better phew I thought I was dying. Get well soon. Hugs BJ#4
Thought we may not see you today even if saw your FB post. Glad you git home safely . Take care. Just remembered yiu asked about photos for painting . Can you find one on the blog? If so you're welcome! Helen #2
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your fall and trip to the A&E. You're in my prayers for a quick recovery. Your watercolor piece is glorious, and reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe's work. Happy WOYWW!
Post a Comment