My desk was much focussed on getting my Reading Tree watercolour as I want it.
I messed up the book a bit but I think I’ve rescued it.
This is how I spent many a summer day as a child, when we lived on the edge of the countryside near Stoke.
I’m also working on Emotional Support Chickens, as I’ve been asked to include them again I’ve found Stylecraft merry go round dk is certified for child safety. I’m making the eyes with cotton yarn and sewing them on as safety eyes are just too hard to put in. Bella’s been supervising, and sends you all purrs.
Today, Tuesday, we went to the Frida Kahlo exhibition, dodging the London rain. Tate Modern is a bit of a maze to find your way around, but I enjoyed the exhibition. It’s on till next January. There were some lovely pieces with extraordinary frames, like this one, I’d happily take home.
And of course the self-portraits.
I’m back at art class tomorrow so I’ll be round in the afternoon.
Happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts xx












8 comments:
glad you got to see the exhibition. love thechicken . just about coping one handed but everything is hard !! helen #4
I’m so glad you got to the exhibition finally, I didn’t realise she’d created such a wide range of art. Glad you had fun! Your painting has come on well and the chicken is bonkers but brilliant!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Yay grabbing a few quietish moments before the daily works start...adore the reading tree and the memories of your childhood, super colourful chicken too. Nice you're back at art class.
Hugs BJ#7
I absolutely love your chicken, it's brilliant. Good luck in getting ready for the exhibition. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x
It looks like you’ve had a busy week. Love the exhibition pics.
Hug,
Annie x #6
Your desk looks incredibly busy. I like your painting. I can't say I climbed a tree to read but as a child I could be found with my nose in a book just about anywhere. My grandmother often remarked on it and reckoned I'd could read brown paper - a comment that always mystified me. You've reminded me with your visit to the Tate that I've yet to watch the DVD film I have on Frida Kahlo. I chuckled at the funnies and I'm now reassured that I'm going to live forever. Purry kisses to Bella from Silver. Have a great week. Elizabeth #14
I love how colourful your chicken is, it's brillaint. Are you sure Bella was supervising and not "helping". Our cat loves wool so loves to help when I'm crocheting although I'm not so sure that help is the right word!!!. Glad you enjoyed the exhibition. Happy WOYWW. Hugs Lisa #10
I absolutely love the self-portrait you did of you as a child reading on a tree! Those support chickens cool and colorful, so I wish I knew how to knit. I love Frida, so I wish I could attend the exhibition. I'm not familiar with the piece of hers where she's holding the paintbrush. Blessings and happy WOYWW!
Post a Comment