Tuesday, 29 September 2026

WOYWW 904 Hops and bonkers chickens

Hi all, my desk for our weekly bloghop care of Sarah’s Craftshed is:

Since then I’ve tidied it up and added the hops, and the title, The Wolf of the Hedgerow, an old name for hops, relating to their vigorous growth and ability to choke out other plants. 


Our paintings were adapted from the style of Josie White from the Society of Botanical Artists, though linked to the local hop festival timing. 

I also been stuffing my ‘Bonkers Chickens’ as Jan called them - I rather like that title ๐Ÿ˜น. They’re made with toy safety yarn and stuffing and with Bella’s supervision, of course. She sends you all purrs.

One is for an art class friend and I’ll have five for the exhibition. 
This week’s art class is focusing on birds of Kent, so no golden pheasant, unfortunately. I’ll do a picture of the lovely Goldie from Helen’s photo separately. 

I had a lovely walk round Brockhill country park on Saturday, while it was still sunny - Our art class is in the Badger Room there. There were lots of families so no shy birds. It’s a lovely flat path round the lake so it’s great for their pushchairs, scooters and little bikes. 
This mallard was quite happy to be photographed, though I think he was hoping to be fed (despite notices everywhere saying ‘do not feed the birds’). I expect he can’t read๐Ÿ˜€. 
I’m following Kent Birding pages on Facebook for inspiration, and am glad to see lapwings amongst them. They always remind me of when we lived in Clara Vale, on the Tyne, where there were often pairs of lapwings wheeling over the valley. One of the birders on that page, Cristi Vasile,  has given me permission to use his photo. Isn’t the sheen on this one’s wings glorious? 

I know we can use iridescent powder so that would work well for him. 

And finally:


This makes me laugh because the French supplier of some lineside cabinets on HS1 described them as having ‘Anti-Gravity paint’ so we imagined them floating across the Channel. (they should have said Anti Graffiti paint ๐Ÿ˜‚.) 


I’ve art class in the morning then have to drive up to Maidstone for a hospital appointment so it may be Wednesday evening or Thursday before I can visit your blogs. 
Happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx













1 comment:

Helen said...

your painting came out so well but the bonkers chickens (great name I agree with Jan) are fantastic. They look like something out of Chicken Run! I was tickled by the idea of anti gravity paint... Happy WOYWW Helen #2