Tuesday 18 January 2022

WOYWW 659 Progress with blue, Crazy tea cozies

Hi, back again for our weekly blog hop courtesy of Julia at the Stamping Ground .
I’ve made some progress with Brian’s blue slipover but the pressure is off as a parcel arrived this week. “That’s my present from you” he said. 
Last week’s chocolate disappeared in 24h flat so I’ll make him some more for his birthday 🥳 


Not much other crafting but I found an utterly amazing site selling tea cosy patterns. 
It’s Tea cosy folk, made by Susan Cowper. She sells paid patterns or completed cosies. (I checked with Julia it’s ok to publicise this). It’s such an inspiration- totally bonkers. 
Here’s a mammogram cosy where the woman has squashed boobs. 

There are dozens of patterns. 
I like the Bath time one, above, and the brass band one 


There’s even a robin perched on the back of the sousaphone! Here’s another one for LLJ


I’ve bought this one, since I’m married to the self-named Fat Controller. 😏. 

I’ve barely scratched the surface, there are so many. 
Cats
The cats have been with us for six months now. Incredible! Here’s a brief moment of sharing:
And this is after Gracie told me to get up so she can jump into the warm spot. They have us well- trained!

We went for a walk in the sun yesterday to buy eggs from the other side of the village. It’s nice to buy eggs under a 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿. Brian said, “I hope they’re not dragons eggs though, I want an omelette!”

And finally…


This one is so me!



Take care and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 






10 comments:

  1. Love the tea cosy patterns Lynne - I bet Jan has a go at the brass band one. Happy 6 month anniversary to Gracie and Bella. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last funny made me laugh out loud!! So true for us all on the desks, I think….only the very dedicated can have just one project on the go which gets finished before the next starts. LOVE the tea cosy patterns, the brass one is brilliant and you picked the perfect one for Brian! Hope the omelette was tasty and little dragons aren’t roaming the house scaring the cats 😆
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a selection of pictures to look at. The cosies are fantastic, remind me of yarn bombing for some reason. Do people really use teapots these days? I have three but only one gets used now and then.
    Love the funnies, some beauties there.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx
    ps I must have read somewhere Julia liked us to be brief but I wanted to share my pics and I wanted to note what I'd used - maybe do it as a separate post next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the last funny 🤣. The sheep one was funny too. Those cosies are amazing and would bring a smile to anyone’s face. Specially that last one 🤣 Have a great week Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant funnies and wonderful tea cosy patterns - so different to the old classics! Naked gardener for me - lol. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea cosy patterns are fab . Although I don't use a teapot ! Great funnies Helen #13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, can just imagine how the cats would respond to a baby dragon’s arrival! nonsense I know, but the thought makes me smile. Just like the tea cosies, they are just mad but so wonderful. I really enjoyed looking through them when you sent me the link. I wonder if Brian will let you know what you e brought him for his birthday! It’s Mr Dunnit’s on Saturday and he’s getting home mad Eccles cakes…he must be the only person ive ever met who isn’t keen on chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Tea cosies are brilliant but the brass band guy is just perfection. Dragon's eggs...you never know. Loving the funnies too. Have a happy woyww, Angela x1x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tea cosies are fabulously fun and yes, I picked out the LLJ one as soon as it scrolled in to view. Hysterical. Nice to see your crochet coming along - will he model it for us at the end? :D

    Stay Safe & a late but Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, those teapot cosy patterns are wonderful. I know a certain brass band member who'd love the one with the sousaphone! Your kitties haven't taken long to establish who's boss - six months is quick work. Glad you are still working on the crochet project. I think I'd have given up by now. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #26

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.