Tuesday 8 August 2023

Novels, readings and catcrochet

Hi all,
I’m back for our weekly blog hop courtesy of Miss Julia at the Stamping Ground
Bella is taking full advantage of International Cat Day to keep warm with my chevron crochet. It’s cold and rainy here in Kent - where’s summer gone? 
I think it’s nearly cold enough to start joining the strips together but I’m still unsure how long I want it to be. The pattern’s length of 150cm isn’t long enough for my bed. 
Thanks for your good wishes for my aunt. She says she’s improving and is still staying with my cousin. 
The best news I’ve had is that my novel is now published and on Amazon in the UK and France but not the USA so far. The ebook will be on there soon:
A Sense for Silver by Lynne Collis. It’s been scary, especially when some data entry error at Amazon said it wouldn’t be available for 3-7 months! That’s now been corrected, phew! 
Anyone who’s received a copy from me can add a review on Amazon and Goodreads- it would be great if you could do so please. 
On Sunday I took part in an event as part of the campaign to Save Folkestone library, recently closed by the council. We all read library- themed stories and poems 
It was held at the Folkestone Bookshop in Tontine St. It’s a really lovely bookshop, with reading spaces, free tea, coffee and squash. It’s a great space for teenagers - there was a group playing Scrabble  in the back room while we were reading. And they’re selling my book, too! 
Gracie says every day is cat day. 

And finally…






Take care all and happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx




13 comments:

  1. So sorry to read about the library closing. I wonder if calling attention to it will do any good. Here in the states, our politicians don't have to close a library. Instead, they ban books.

    Meows to Gracie. LOVE the humor you found this week. All of these are really clever and well done. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have moved almost solely to reading on my Kindle so will be watching for the e-book! Love the British Summer funny - so true LOL. And YAY for the joining strips. Have you ever looked at Mile-a-minute crochet patterns? I have a few old books from the USA that use it and they really do work up quick. Might appeal, check it out. Oh, have you seen this? https://www.comedypetphoto.com/ Hysterical pet photos :D
    Happy desk-hopping day!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awful when they close libraries Lynne. Glad your book is now more widely available. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libraries are closing everywhere, it is so sad. I was a librarian for 16 years before I retired. They certainly changed a lot but tbh the internet did for them once people could carry everything in their hands. Glad the book is catching on, nice for it to be in your local bookshop!! Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confirmation I am archaic. I still use semi colons.
    I may buy your e-book as I do use my Kindle mostly. I wanted a signed copy though so that could be kept as a keepsake type of book. Good luck with the sales. I hope the reading went well and helped with the sales.
    Keep on with the crochet, it keeps you out of mischief and might inspire another novel.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shane about your library closing, councils seem to make strange cuts to services. Hope the book sales thrive! Happy woyww Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will watch for your book, and I'll have to read older posts to get caught up Thankfully Our HOT weather has left, I am enjoying a few cool days. Had the windows open and it's so refreshing. Thanks for the Visit and I agree the time just goes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting that your novel is on Amazon and in the local bookshop too!! I’m glad the reading went well at the event, let’s hope something positive comes about for the library. The chevrons are lovely and will be beautiful as a blanket, great background for a cute cat too, lol! The Funnies made me laugh especially the British Summertime one!!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, Lynne.
    From one author to another... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Sorry to hear about the library but sounds as if the book store is getting used.
    Creative Blessings & Hugs!
    ~ Kelly #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you have written a book. I will be on the lookout for that for sure! Good luck with it! It's good to see that sweet kitty too! Happy WOYWW!
    Glenda #17

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s such an exciting time for you...enjoy every minute.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cool that your book is now on Amazon, how wonderful. Think my hubby needs a warm blanket, but me I'm savouring the cool weather as I'm still a hot woman of a certain age! Hugs BJ#7

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful that your book is now on Amazon. I hope it will be on Kindle. Angela #21

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.