Tuesday 1 August 2023

WOYWW 739 Travels and travails

Hi all, I’ve done a bit of crochet this week while sampling the delights of Great Western trains’ travel to and from Exeter. My chevron blanket strips are rolled here to show the colours: 

I understand the unions striking / banning overtime when prices are so high but I seem to have chosen the wrong trains -crush loaded and stopping at every lamppost. Ah well, it was better than driving. 
I went down for a memorial do for my cousin’s husband. That was emotional but my discovery of Tarquins Pink Grapefruit & Elderflower gin, which doesn’t trigger my headaches, helped. However, my aunt went home to walk her dog and collapsed, fortunately right outside a fire service 1st responder’s house. She got taken into hospital and I stayed with her all night. They’re still not sure if it’s angina and/or vertigo. Saturday passed in a blur, we went out for a very good lunch on Sunday and I came home on Monday. By lunchtime, she was back in hospital with another fall, and out again later. She’s staying with my cousin in the hope that she’ll feel better soon. 
Now where’s that gin? 😉
Belly and Gracie were very glad to see me home. Bella’s wound is better but we’re keeping them in at night for now. 

Brian and I had lunch in the Goods Shed in Canterbury between dentist and hospital appointments. It’s a lovely place, full of brilliant food stalls with a restaurant on the mezzanine. It’s next door to Canterbury West station. 

And finally…



Take care and happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx


14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your aunt has been poorly Lynne. Glad you could be there for her. Great funnies this week. Meow to Gracie and Bella. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Lynne, that turned into a stressful couple of days. Your poor aunt, I do hope they can give her a reason and it can be sorted...lucky she didn't hurt or break something when she fell. The blanket strips are lovely natural wintery colours, it's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well `I never - the comment box is here in white as normal. Strange!!
    How awful that happening to your aunt, quite worrying and I am glad she is staying with someone for the time being.
    We experienced train travel last year, or non train travel - we waited at the 'Brief Encounter railway station' for two hours for a train to Cartmel. Cancellations just willy nilly. Then when it came it was mad packed jam full - Cartmel races!! We had no idea they were on that weekend.
    Lovely photos of your two cats, they are beautiful. Great funnies too.
    Take care, get writing another book soon too. Hope sales are going well.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. Does not sound like you had a stress free trip. Poor you and poor Aunt. Train travel is a nightmare recently but with luck it will get back to normal (which is pretty good from my experience) and journey will allow some crochet time - I always knit a lot on my travels, by car and by train! Your cats are lovely, and the funnies are just made for passing on to other cat loving friends!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An emotional and worrying couple of days for you Lynne, so sorry to hear about your aunt, I’m glad she’s got someone to be with her. At least you got some crochet done on the train, less likely to poke someone than knitting needles! That place in Canterbury looks fab, glad you had a nice lunch, a reward for the appts. The lawyer funny made me hoot!!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Aunt, I have had a couple of 'dizzies' but the wall was nearby so I was ok. Thank the Lord that your Aunt fell outside the right house, hope she's sorted soon.
    Have a creative week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your aunt , but glad she got quick attention . Hope they sort the problem soon . Have a good week. Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope they manage to find what the problem is and how to fix it. I bet you were pleased to see Bella and Gracie just as they were pleased to see you. Angela#9

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne, it sounds like you've had a busy few days. Sorry to hear about your Aunt and hope they get to the bottom of it. My father went like that out of the blue and it was an inner ear problem but they are not easy to detect. However, the train ride sounds great, I miss using them and can't remember the last time we went on one. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a few days you’ve had away. I do hope your aunt improves soon and life settles down now you’re home.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear that trip sounds a little strassful, hope your aunt is OK. Great funnies!! Good to see you are keeping a sense of humour - and there is always gin! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what a stressful weekend for you, traveling, and your aunt's turns. I hope your aunt gets better soon. Saw GP today and it's just a stubborn viral sore throat and to give it another couple of weeks to clear....Hugs BJ#3

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh sorry to hear about your Aunt and hope she is feeling better. Ah the joys of GWR (I know it well as we often get trains between london and bristol and also in the exter area too).
    thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.