Tuesday 15 August 2023

WOYWW 741 Crochet, drawing,

Hi all, 
My chevron blanket goes on and on; it’s remarkably easy to grow. I’ve just checked how many strips I’ve done, so far 8, of 9 specified by the pattern, but I’ll do 10, lengthening them all to 2m and see how wide that is when I join them.  I’ve just measured them all and added tags so I know how much I need to add. They currently vary between 143 and 197cm. It very easy to stretch them when measuring, as it’s a form of ribbing, hence the divergence. 

I’ve been getting back into drawing and am planning to join a drawing class in September. I saw a painting of a hare in France and have just done this drawing of it. I was playing with a nice water-soluble 8B sketching pencil from Derwent. 
Thanks so much to those of you who’ve bought my novel. It would be great if you could leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads, please. (You don’t have to have  bought the book from them to leave one.)
My novel is now on Amazon as a paperback and Kindle ebook in the UKA Sense for Silver
It’s not shown as available yet elsewhere; the vagaries of what gets published here and in other countries seems a very arcane mystery. 
Signed copies of the paperback are also still available from me via lmcollis@icloud(dot)com
On Monday we ventured over to Thanet for the Home Service gig as part of the Broadstairs Folk festival. 

John Tams is no longer with them but they’ve recruited the excellent Bob Fox from County Durham. He did very well, especially as it was his first gig with them. They still have a superb brass section with a cornet, trombone, saxes and flute. Good job there was no tuba, Jan, or we’d have been blown out of our seats๐Ÿคฃ, as we were only a few rows from the front. 
We were both in colourful mode, me in my Bees knees Zuri and Brian in a Frida Kahlo shirt I’d bought him. 

We also discovered a lovely restaurant, the Little Sicilian, in York St., to which we’ll happily return. 

Gracie and Bella are as gorgeous as ever, but were waiting for us to come home as we were out after bedtime ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜พ



And finally…


This one’s my favourite:
And an extra one. This is probably AI-generated but I like it anyway..,



Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

14 comments:

  1. I love the drawing and am really happy that you’re going to start a class, I hope you get loads out of it! The chevrons are lovely and growing apace, are you doing a cardi or something else? Love th epic of you and Bri, glad you had a good night out and you’re right, a tuba at close quarters is a beast, lolol!!
    Hugs LLJ 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are going to town on that chevron blanket. It is already beautiful. Your rabbit is wonderful. You certainly have many talents.

    You two looked very colorful at that music show. I loved that Frida shirt.

    Ah, the kitties were missing you. Loved the funnies, but that last one was a real HOOT!! Happy WOYWW from # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lynne, Gracie and Bella๐Ÿค— popping in my head back in,I'm so sorry it's been a while. Congratuuuulations lovely, your book looks amazing ⭐️ what a fabulous achievement.. whooping joyously here for you ๐Ÿฅณ⭐️๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅณ whoot,whoot ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’•⭐️๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฅณ I'm so happy for you!!
    Tooo your blanket ... easy you say ๐Ÿ˜Š I wouldn't know where to begin ... your hare is beautiful, wishing you much joy in the drawing class come September ✏️That's a lovely photo of you both ๐Ÿ’•loving granny on her motorbike ๐Ÿ faaabulous! Sending love, congratuuulations along with hugs Tracy #14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your drawing...he's so cute. Love the colourful pic of you both.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket is coming on beautifully Lynne. Glad you had fun at the folk festival. Great drawing too. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your drawing and would love to see more! You are quite talented my friend!
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne, well look at you two - Brian is certainly rocking that Frida Kahlo shirt!! Your hare is beautiful and I still love the colours of your quilt! Gorgeous kitties - I've had nothing but cute cats on my feed tpoday but I am not going to give in and have a nother one. Tempting though lol. Happy WOYWW, have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blanket looks so snuggly! The drawing of the hare is fantastic . Have a great day. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those chevrons are lovely - I like the soft muted colours. What a fab hare you have drawn. I hope you enjoy your drawing classes. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynne, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. The blanket is looking great and loving the Hare too. The Galek and the old lady on the bike both made me smile lots. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your Hare drawing is superb, yes definitely get back into drawing it suits you. Super blanket but yes I agree the GARLEK is my favourite. Hugs BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photo of you and hubby, glad you had a good time.
    I will do a review when I have read it but I'mm still in my cat books.
    Gosh that chevron is growing and growing, well done.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pearshapedchris I love the rabbit drawing. Your blanket looks great! Loved the Garlek! Have a good week, Chrisx #21

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dealing with aging-parent health issues yesterday so a bit late.
    Downloaded the Kindle version but my Kindle is greyed out. WOYWW comment on one monitor, chatting with an Amazon bot on the other LOL! Loving the chevron blanket and bet it will be fab when done.

    Happy late WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (7)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.