Wednesday 28 June 2017

Repairs and lots of outings #421

Oops, just realised it's Wednesday and I haven't done my WOYWW,  I've been doing some jewellery repairs this week, so my workbench is my glue tray.

One of the last things I made before I stopped silversmithing classes was the pendant below for my goddaughter's 18th birthday. She had lost a stone and it's taken me a long time to find a replacement that would fit. 

When I originally made the pendant, (made from scratch) I rolled the backs with leaves so it makes an attractive pendant from the back and can be worn with colours that would clash with the stones. 

Apart from my very slowly growing knitting, that's all the craft I had time for this week.











 On Thursday. I was in a team from work which won the 2017 IET (institution of Engineering & Technology) Railway Quiz. We had a secret weapon, my husband Brian. ;-) That's us two on the right.

On Saturday night, Brian and I were in London to see the brilliant singer/pianist/guitarist Jackson Browne. He was great, but it was sweltering in the Albert Hall.

On Sunday I went for a walk along the Military Canal in Hythe, with my friend Chris and her dog, Becky. The canal was built as a defence against Napoleon. The water lilies are coming out and look great. 


Tomorrow I'm off to Stoke as my mother has to have a 48h heart monitor and with her having dementia, it's probably not going to be easy.

Then on Monday,I've been invited to go to Wimbledon with a friend from Cornwall - Centre Court!!!!


More about that next week.I hope, but things are not quietening down just yet!



Still, I'm glad to be out and about.
Have a good week, all, 
hugs, Lynne xxx






















9 comments:

  1. sorry, it didn't seem to load so I'm in twice Lynne #44

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Mr Linky has been having a field day with all our comments and numbers this week.
    I hope that your week gives you some peaceful moments. I love your jewellery
    Lynn 42

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne - have to say I am SO glad I wasn't the only one who has had problems this week... Well done on the quiz team. Wimbledon - centre court!!! Oh my - enjoy yourself - have such a good day.
    That necklace is lovely.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hythe - we live just across the water, and my mum-in-law lives in Hythe too. In Southampton city centre(-ish) there's an old building that was once a junk shop called 'Junk City'. Parts of the building are still original dating back to the Napoleonic wars, and were used to house prisoners during that time. Along with the Wool House, it's an amazing historical part of Southampton :)
    Have a wonderful WOYWW Wednes-YAY!!!
    Bubbles #1
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-421.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stones look great in Alexia's pendant - a good repair, well done! You have had a busy time, congrats on the quiz win and the pics of the walk look lovely :-D. Hope the trip up to your mum's goes ok x
    Hugs ;LLJ 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The numbers seem to have gone mad this week, one minute I was 18 and then one of the ladies told me I was only 17 if only our ages could go back like that! Though not sure I would want to be 17 again Lol! great photos, hope everything goes well with your mum. Have a great belated WOYWW, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty pendant, and what a lovely walk! I thought I recognized your other post, that drawing of Dino I was sure I had seen before! I hope your Mother's operation goes well! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pendant is lovely and what a fabulous idea to make the back as you have. She must have been delighted with it and missed it whilst it has been being repaired.
    How wonderful to go to the Albert Hall listenilng to some lovely music by someone I presume you enjoy.
    So how did the quiz go? You said Brian was your secret ammunition so I think you might have won. If I had transposed his name it could have read brain!
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend, enjoy Monday and hope all went well with your mother.
    Sorry I am so late but I have been ill this week, hopefully better now.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pendant, Lynne! I did silversmithing classes many years ago and it was great.Thank you for your lovely comment - so glad you like our kittens! We can't wait to get them now.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #11

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.