Thursday 6 July 2017

unknitting and tennis #422


Hi, I don't have much to show on my workdesk this week, apart from my knitting, which I've decided to undo and redo. I like the pattern, but need to improve the joins between the different blocks.

Apart from knitting, the main thing I've done is to go to Wimbledon, to see the tennis (Centre Court, my dears). Thanks to a great friend who got tickets in the ballot. we had the best seats in the house, even looking DOWN on royalty!

We saw Andy Murray and Petra Kvitiva win, and Stan Wawrinka lose, as well as a couple of entertaining sets of Dustin Brown.

The grounds were beautiful, flowers everywhere, and the whole day was just immaculate. Pimms, strawberries and cream and all ;-)  


Anyway, that's all for me this week, have a good week all, hugs, Lynne






6 comments:

  1. That'll teach me to go swanning off to Wimbledon! I was convinced yesterday was Tuesday, so prepared my blog to publish the next morning, missing the fact that it was already Wednesday! Ah well, here it is anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a fabulous day! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds like a day for the diary you can look back on it Wow, Pimms and Strawberries Sorry but the knitting, lovely as it is, paled into significance as I read through your blog post today. What a day out!
    Hugs, Neet xx 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby loves watching tennis, but I'm afraid I don't care for it much. But you actually got to go to Wimbledon - that's awesome! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!Thanks for sharing (sorry I'm late!) Lindart #37

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you're doing with the knitting, it was worth undoing! You really did have awesome seats at Wimbledon, so glad you were in the shade too. Off to set the alarm for an early doors train tomorrow morning..see you at 2. I'll be wearing the red carnation 😊
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the knitting... So glad you had amazing seats at the tennis...it sounds as though your day was wonderful.... May#4

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.