Wednesday 25 August 2021

WOYWW 638 Spirals, squares and treats

Hi there, back for our weekly blog hop courtesy of Julia at the Stamping Ground. ( Click on the WOYWW on the right to find out more).  
I’ve been crocheting more squares for my blue and white cardigan.


 I struggled with joining them with zipper stitch but I m not happy with the results from sewing them either so I’ve found a video for leftie zipper stitch. It’s still not very flat. 

Here’s my first try at zipper stitch. 

It’s fun doing spirals but they don’t lie flat easily either. Maybe blocking will flatten it all out. 










Bella and Gracie are not speaking to me today as they’ve had their monthly flea treatment. 
They both go out now, Gracie just a little and Bella whenever she can. 

Gracie has taken advanced cuteness classes and (normally) lies with her head looking up at me. 😻


Bella has boundless energy and whizzes up and down the stairs at high speed, making little  squeaky mews. She brought in her first mouse this week 😒
She goes out via the cat flap but still doesn’t come in via it, apart from when I’m training her with little bowls of food. At least she runs across the garden to me when I call her. 

I’m still staying home most of the time, but went as far as Macknades this week. It’s the most amazing Italian deli and food shop on the A2 in Faversham. We bought pear Mostarda, wild boar sausages, lots of odd varieties of tomatoes, cheese biscuits that have apricots and pistachios in them, risotto rice, all sorts of stuff. When I go to a supermarket like Aldi, I struggle to find anything I’d like. Macknades is the opposite. A real treat. 

And finally…






Take care and keep crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, the foodie place sounds wonderful, I’d have been tempted by so much as well! Nom nom. The squares are looking fab and will make a great cardigan, I’m sure blocking will help things lie a little flatter. Give the girls a scratch from me, so good to hear they’re happy and content.
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad that Bella and Gracie are so settled now Lynne. I am sure they will forgive you soon. Hope you find a satisfactory way of joining your spirals. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the squares are looking good . The foodie place sounds great Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny but in a way I love the crazy look of the crochet squares they just look really quirky but maybe that's just me Lol! Loving the funnies too. Have a lovely and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with being spoilt with good food, something I miss now we can't get over to Paris.
    Have a good week
    Christine #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitties are gorgeous! Love the spirals and hope you find a good way of joining them. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With Love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella and Gracie have really fallen on all four paws with you, Lynne! It sounds as if they have a really lovely life, like our two do - a life of luxury! Ruby also gets mad fits of rushing around the house, usually if they've been fed late because we've been out. We call it an attack of Scatter Cat or Skitty Kitty! Lily is generally far too lazy for such antics. She's a lazy lump.

    Your crochet squares are coming on nicely. Don't worry about them being lumpy - it's astonishing what blocking will do to flatten things out. The zipper stitch is great - is that a crochet stitch or sewing? I found a brilliant joining crochet stitch when doing the kitty throw but unfortunately being in black wool, it doesn't show up very well. Great funnies as always!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. That deli sounds very interesting!
    Good lok with the joining...
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #5
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.