Tuesday 23 April 2024

WOYWW 777 painting for France!

Hi all, 
Here’s my desk this week.

As you can see, I’ve diverted from my cabinet of curiosities project. We’ve decided that, all being well, we’re going to France in the summer to stay with our friends. They collect cockerel stuff, as their name’s Coquard so I’ve decided to do a painting for them. This was a try-out of a brilliant YouTube tutorial by Shibasaki: Five minute easy tutorial for watercolour of a rooster
You need to turn on English subtitles (in settings) but then it’s very straightforward. I’m pleased with my rooster. I just need to do one with two of them. 
At art class on Thursday we started a project of baked goods in watercolour over graphite.
It was hard work focussing with the scent of hot cross buns and croissants filling the studio!

I’ve also been crocheting more squares of my Winter Glow yarn for B’s latest slipover. 
Here’s Bella modelling them for me.
Bless her, she does look put upon, not. 😻😹

And finally..
We were much taken with this film when we were at college. Do you recognise it?




Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

13 comments:

  1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Love the rooster Lynne! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always full of interest! That rooster is wonderful. The squares are looking good, as is the lovely Bella. Poor Poppy has a horrid day tomorrow and right now had a bit of a shaved bit on her neck from the blood work, poor thing. But she is mostly healthy so we will hope for a smooth extraction. Wish us luck!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)
    failed to publish so trying again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and love the jokes too! have a great day Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all funny but I love the Pharaoh one.
    Blinking heck Lynne, that rooster is wonderful. You obviously have taken to this painting like a duck to water. Your friends will be delighted, such a thoughtful gift.
    Hugs, Neet 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, remember that film well! Love your rooster (sure that's the second one I've seen today). Seeing you say about turning on the english subtitles I noticed that google appears to think I am in France today. Not sure how that happenned. Fruit still life is one thing but I agree fresh baked goods is another thing altogether!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rooster painting ! Thanks for dropping by, I'm glad you like the Kew photos , always nice to know they're appreciated xx. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rooster painting ! Thanks for dropping by, I'm glad you like the Kew photos , always nice to know they're appreciated xx. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rooster is wonderful. It makes a marvellous gift for your friends. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your friends will love the Cockerel, such a lovely idea. Not surprised the hotcross bun was putting you off your art work project. Bella, looks comfy there too. Thanks fot the funnies too. Happy woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rooster....what talent. The funnies made me smile.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rooster is lovely- I bet you enjoyed painting that . The funnies had me chuckling. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure the rooster(s?) will be a big hit, you did a fabulous job! Well done! And so nice to have something to look forward to in the summer. I wish France was closer to us! Bella is doing a marvelous modelling job! I always love the funnies, I like the Pharoah one the best this week! Have a lovely week, Lindart #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still haven't seen the MP film from start to finish, but love the cartoon reference! Amazing job with the rooster, no more could I achieve that in five minutes than contemplate doing two in ten, I'm sure your friends will love them! I never went to an art class with fresh edibles for a subject...they must have known the outcomes for me!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.