I’ve some ideas for projects, painting a couple of images made of composite bits, in the style of some I saw in France.
This one is by Karine Girault. We went to buy wine from Domaine Jean David and he was hosting an exhibition of her work in his winery. His wine is organic and without added sulfates, and I discovered I can drink a glass or two without triggering a migraine.
It’s a lovely idea, buying wine and admiring art at the same time.
I’ve been impressed by BJ’s living line embroidery as well, and have bought a pack of bits and pieces off Etsy to get started.
We ventured to the market in Nyons and to a museum and mill La Scourtinerie, where they make filters for olive oil presses, (Nyons being the centre for Provençal olive oil), mats, curtains and all sorts of things from coconut fibre.
This last week was very hot so we went up Mont Ventoux. Those 1,920m drop 10 deg off the heat of the day so it was a lovely 24deg C.
And finally…
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx











9 comments:
So glad you had a great time on holiday, that’s a nice pic of Bri on top of Mont Ventoux! I like the art at the vineyard too and look forward to seeing how you interpret the technique. That pack of notions for embroidery is so you colour wise!! Enjoy the making xx
Hugs LLJ 4 xx
Looks like you had a lovely time in France. I love the French markets.
Hugs,
Annie x #9
Happy slightly cooler WOYWW!
It has been lovely this morning, with a nice fresh breeze. If only it would last all day. I, too, have been tempted by BJ's lovely stitching but I just have so much on the go already no chance I could take one more thing on... Bet you will find lovely goodies at the market - I still have ribbon I got there 30 years ago LOL! Too precious to use.
Mary Anne (5)
Welcome home , looks like a great trip . 24 degrees sounds wonderful ! We've got a nice breeze this week though. Good luck with the embroidery. Helen #1
That looks like a great holiday. The French markets are lovely. I can imagine Bella was very pleased to see you back again.Wishing you a very happy woyww with hugs Angela x8x
I'm sure it's nice to be home, and Bella is obviously glad you are, but your holiday sounds memorable. I like BJ's embroidery line and I think that little bag of bits and bobs will be perfect for the one you plan to make too. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #12
I agree, wine and art a GREAT combination! Your holiday trip sounded lovely too. Bella certainly seams glad to see you. Some people don't understand that cats can be as affectionate as dogs, and miss us when we're gone. Have a blessed week ahead, and happy WOYWW!
Oh my goodness the pack of "bits" looks brill I'll have a look for it. 24C sounds like bliss to me but actually cooler would be better - happily sitting in my room in summer dress with air-con blowing out set at 21C. I still have my denim pocket bag for when I'm out. Oh and the rollers you describe for displaying the embroidery sounds a lot like my mother's tapestry frame although a lot smaller. I think my Dad made it. Thanks for the encouragement to continue with my embroidery. Hugs Bj#2
Looks like you had a fabulous time Lynne. Making quick visits at Mum's. On antibiotics for my tooth so in a bit of pain. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
Post a Comment