Tuesday, 28 July 2026

WOYWW 895 Wrestling with a nostepinne

Hi all, I’m back for our weekly blog circle care of Sarah’s Craftshed. Firstly, I’m sending healing hugs to our Jan (LLJ), who’s been very poorly, this week. I especially hope she’ll feel better for Sunday so she can enjoy her birthday. Happy birthday for Sunday, Jan! 
I’ve not done much crafting I can show you. Bella’s been helping me to knit and she sends you all purrs. I like to make these cannula sleeves for patients with dementia out of lots of textural stitches, as well as adding twiddles. 

I did a bit of embroidery but was so concerned to find the right sized envelope that I forgot to take a photo. ๐Ÿ™„
We bought a new mattress topper and installed it this week. It came in a big box, which delighted Bella. 

I hadn’t thought she was into boxes before; evidently they weren’t big enough. ๐Ÿ˜น. Once we were allowed to move the box and make the bed, it proved to be very comfortable and supporting. 
I’ve fallen for a new yarn and project, but the yarn cake did not behave - yarn barf. 
๐Ÿคฎ 
It’s Red Heart Roll with it Melange in Catwalk. I love the purples and greens in it, and I’ve wrestled it into submission with my nostepinne.

 



















If you want to know more about nostepinnes, there’s a link here: Nostepinnes I want to make this waistcoat in this yarn if I can get the tension to fit. 
It’s going to be too hot for knitting this week so I’m out of phase with the weather again!๐Ÿ™„. I might be back embroidering again sooner rather than later.
 At least if we have to go out we now have working Aircon in the car again -yay! The garage did the service and degassed the Aircon today, whatever that is๐Ÿ˜ผ

And finally:




Happy WOYWW everyone 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx






8 comments:

Helen said...

I did think it was odd when there was no post from Jan this morning. Get well soon Jan . Clever Bella with the knitting . Happy woyww Helen #1

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I'm fascinated by that colorful sleeve you made for patients with dementia. That is so sweet of you, and Bella too. That purple and green yarn is lovely, and look forward to seeing what you make with it. Sammy sends her love to Bella. Happy WOYWW!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Poor Jan, hope she's bettewr soon. Loving your new yarn, gorgeous colours. The weather is not good for doing anything really. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x7x

Julia Dunnit said...

Yarn barf.. should be an official thing, it happens to me and I assumed it was something I just don’t have the knack to prevent! Beautiful and very you colour way in the yarn I must say, that open waistcoat will be so useful. Bella enjoying her fort box, how cute.

BJ said...

Straight away I was wondering what a Nostepinne was - so grateful for the link from which I even watched the video of its use. Your ball is so neat and the colours are gorgeous. Think you might mean regas for the car air-con, its where they replace the refrigerant gas to restore cold airflow. Love the phone joke.Just googled the shrub and it's a Nerium Oleander. Don't go on holidays as don't travel well and traveling in this heat would be it's own kind of nightmare, it is over 30 degrees here today, even hubby is struggling today. So sorry to hear about LLJ sadly missing today on WOYWW. Hugs Bj#11

Twiglet said...

I love the colour combo in your yarn. Yes far too hot for knitting. I haven't done any for ages. I did chuckle at the funnies.x x Jo ๐ŸŒˆ

Twiglet said...

I love the colour combo in your yarn. Yes far too hot for knitting. I haven't done any for ages. I did chuckle at the funnies.x x Jo ๐ŸŒˆ

ukmaryanne said...

Happy post-knitting WOYWW!
Oh dear. Hope LLJ is resting and healing. That yarn is gorgeous and I do have a nostepinne but it's made from a bit of PVC pipe LOL! Poppy almost never shows any interest in boxes, big or small. Such a contrary cat...
Mary Anne (5)