Tuesday, 15 September 2026

WOYWW 902, Chickens and graphite

Hi all, 
I’m back for our Wednesday bloghop care of Sarah’s Craftshed. Back at art class, we’re doing a monochrome oasthouse, used for drying hops, painted with water-soluble graphite, with full colour hops draping in from the slide. I have Derwent XL graphite blocks and some water soluble graphite pencils. 
Artgraf graphite in the small tin, Faber soluble graphite pencils then Derwent XL blocks. 

Luckily, my next door neighbour grows hops that drape over our side of the fence so (having asked for politeness) I’ve a ready supply. 


Here are some of the techniques we’ll be using, as demonstrated by our tutor, Claire. 

I’m also in full Emotional Support Chicken production. They generated a lot of interest at last year’s exhibition so I’m making more. I’ve found a toy safety regs compliant yarn, Stylecraft Merry go round.  Bella is supervising and sends you all purrs. 


And finally…






I’m at art class in the morning so I’ll be round in the afternoon- put the kettle on😀
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx



7 comments:

BJ said...

Excellent that you had some real hops to work with your sketch is really good and the techniques look fun. Love the bright colours in the chickens. Hugs Bj#1

Helen said...

I am sure your oast house will be great and how handy to have hops on hand to study . Great funnies especially the first one . Hugs. Helen #4

ukmaryanne said...

Aiming to do better this week!
Not surprised the chickens were a hit. The hops look lovely and can't wai to see the full watercolour. I so admire your dedication to improving your art. That shot of "you" in the womb? Made me giggle.
Mary Anne (8)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's a lovely picture to work from, I love the shape of those old buildings. I love the picture of You it's very clever. Purrs to Bella and wishing you a have a happy woyww, hugs Angela x9x

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your art class sounds like a lot of fun. Your monochromatic watercolor and graphite samples look fabulous. Give Bella a loving scratch on the head on my behalf, and happy WOYWW!

Lindart said...

You are doing sp well keeping up with your classes! Bella is doing a good job overseeing as always! I LOVE the comics today, I had a good laugh at each one! Happy WOYWW 🙂Lindart #13

Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely example of an oast house. I grew hops in my last garden, I dried them and sent them to my son who brews his own beers - apparently different varieties of hops have different flavours. Bella looks so cosy while she's supervising your work. I chuckled out loud at your funnies this week - especially that old photo of you. Belated good wishes for the week to you ad Bella - Silver sends purrs. Elizabeth #11