I didn’t know, but a curve above the eyeline looks as if it curves downward at the ends, and something below your eye line curves up. I’d done some very nice roof tiles the wrong way, and had to correct it. I’ve just been out for fresh hops in the far corner of our garden, behind the greenhouse, among the nettles. (V glad I managed to avoid them๐).

I’ve worked out that my hops will be mainly spring green + yellow ochre.
We’ve had lovely autumn sunshine this week and a journey through the countryside (to our favourite farm shop and restaurant, Gibson’s of Wingham) filled my eyes with sunshine.
It made me think of my Reading Tree painting, so I’ve added more sunshine to it. The exhibition in Sandgate has been put off till October, as Graham, who’s organising it, is tied up with directing the musical, Gypsy. I’ll be going to see that on Friday.
It’s also given me more time to make more Emotional Support Chickens. I’ve not stuffed them yet, they’re easier to photograph flat.
I’ve five now, the top one’s for a friend. Bella’s been supervising and sends you all purrs.
Last week we went to see an exhibition of etchings by my friend Catherine Robinson, who used to teach me T’ai chi. It’s at the House of Afsara, on the Old High Street in Folkestone for a few more weeks. Glorious work, many prints were double-printed, with an area precisely wiped off then reprinted in a second colour. The big collage in the window was made of papers she’d printed herself (on a big printer’s press, not a computer printer).
It’s based on a beautiful book she’s written, based on her T’ai chi journey.
And finally…









7 comments:
I love the oast house, hope you enjoy the art class today. sorry its brief today. Helen #1
Happy no-knitting day WOYWW!
Oh what a gorgeous ESC! Your friend will be thrilled with it. And the paper hanging is stunning too - DD and I were all signed up for a T'ai chi class right as I was diagnosed with the myositis. I always fancied doing a class so might be time to revisit that. LOL! to the pet bookshelf, and the oast house will be fab when finished - can't wait to see it.
Mary Anne (3)
What a lovely week you’ve had! You’ve certainly packed a lot in, that exhibition looked wonderful, I loved the big piece in the window. I like your drawing of the oast houses very much, you’ve really captured them and your chickens are bonkers but brilliant, they’ll be a best seller at the show in October. The dog library made me laugh out loud especially The Art of the Silent Fart…I think that applies to my menfolk……
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Oh jolly interesting about curves above and below the eyeline! Great that you get to add more sunshine to your reading tree. Hugs Bj#4
Looks like you've been busy this week, I have to say I love your chickens they are beautiful. Well done with the drawing, that's interesting about the curve lines. Happy woyww, Angela x9x
You've had a busy week and I love the oast house picture you are working on. Your chicks are fab ,- such vibrant colours. Thanks lots for the heads up on Karisma crayons - it was a really useful read! x x Jo ๐
Sounds like you’ve had a lovely week. I love your oast house and your chickens look really colourful.
Hugs,
Annie x #8
Post a Comment