Tuesday 2 May 2023

WOYWW 726

Hi all, That week went quickly! It shouldn’t make any difference, now I m retirex, but bank holidays still throw me out. No creative writing class and this week no University Challenge either. What is the world coming to? 

I’ve made more progress with my Frida cardi. 
And I’ve been having online conversations with a friend in Swansea, Chris Lewis, who used to be an art teacher. He’s produced this interpretation of my cover, with black and white areas for the title and my name. 
I must also make some more ATCs. If you’d like to swap with me, could you send me your address please, to Lmcollis@icloud(dot).com? 
We went to a locally run farm and tea shop today, Tuesday, to Perry Court Farm, firstly to buy some wool- based tomato compost and to have lunch. 

It was a glorious day so we could eat outside. They sell many varieties of apple and their trees are just coming into flower. 
Some of them look very old and knobbly, but that makes them all the more beautiful. I couldn’t get a good angle but I hope you can see. 

We came home through Wye along the top of the North Downs, where you can see all the way to the coast. They call this the Saxon Shore. 

Bella and Gracie have graciously posed for the camera this week, displaying their skills in advanced cuteness. 


And finally,


Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x


14 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day yesterday Lynne. The latest version of the front cover looks fabulous. Can't wait to see the published version. Meow to Gracie and Bella. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks lovely. Good to get out and about? Have got any swallows - we haven't any here yet. Love the old person funny! x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve had a full week filled with lovely things! I think Chris’ take on the cover is clever from that angle, I didn’t know he’d been an art teacher! The lunch venue looked lovely, those old apple trees are amazing - Kent is a really beautiful and historic county!
    Oh and the last funny made me hoot, I’m now a master at that *grin*
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous day you both had yesterday Lynne ☀️beautiful spot for a bite to eat ⭐️ Isn't it grand when good friends help out 🙏 Gorgeous photos of the girls 🐈💕🐈 so relaxed they are 🥰 Wishing you a joyful week ahead with love ❤️ and hugs 💕❤️🥰❤️💕 #10 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a quick catch up of my favourite blogs in a brief break from my sewing...I'd had 4 customers before 9.30 this morning [crazy!!!].
    I love the colour of your cardi and your funnies made me chuckle/
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 9

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure I shouldn’t find that last funny, quite so funny 🤣🤣. The photographs of your trip are lovely. The cats look very relaxed. I haven’t been able to open Julia’s site for some reason so no number ! Happy WOYWW. Angela CWJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the knitting - it's coming along nicely.
    It certainly looks as if you had a lovely day out yesterday, and I agree, knobbly trees are the best. Especially after an agreeable lunch.
    Great idea with the book cover, I must post a picture my aft teacher friend once did for me of my caravan when I retired from teaching. Great to have these guys around.
    Thanks for the tips, I am so sore but have now got steroids and antibiotics so hopefully on the road to recovery. Will go and give them a try as soon as I've finished the commenting. Thanks.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cardi is looking fabulous! looks like you had some fabulous weather! the book cover looks really good. I will email you as i'd love to swap with you. Have a great week Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne, I would be pleased to swap ATCs with you and will send you my address this evening. I'm a bit late today as we haven't been back very long from our meeting at the Care home. Have a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela x6x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frida is looking wonderful, can't wait to see her done. I am so ready for warm (but not HOT) weather LOL! Your cats look cute as can be and you should pop over to bmy blog tomorrow to see what I am working on. It will make you smile :)
    Happy WOYWW ( just a day late :D )
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely views of your drive, Saxon Shore brings up all kinds of images in my head! very cute kitties today, they look so warm and comfy cozy! Have a great week, Lindart #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to smile at the lack of University Challenge; you’d think there’d be an archive prog they could put on if no new red
    Cordings ar e being made just now….foolish!! Loving the artwork for the book, it is still very much yours - very exciting Lynne! Keep on with that lovely cardi..at this rate you’ll need it for summer , the glorious days are a bit few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great time was had by all! Everyone's going on lovey trips this week! I'm behind with the making of my ATC's but should be ready for the big-day! Lovely kitties! Have a great week. Keep on crafting. Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #7

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lot's to interest in today's post! Love all those photos - and your cover details!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #12

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.