Tuesday 23 May 2023

WOYWW 729 Happy post,, chevrons and publishing

Hi all, what a lot of happy post this week! Thank you all so much. 💕
ATCs from Christine, Julia (with a WOYWW badge!) Tracy, a 3D steampunk one from Angela (Felix the Crafty Cat),  Helen and Mary Anne. 
Mary Anne’s was an amazing multi-folded card:


And Tracy’s came with a lovely, inspiring card. Even the back of her envelope had a pretty label. 

I found a better yarn for my Chevrons blanket. 
It’s actually two, King Cole Harvest and King Cole Bramble. I’m using magic knots so I won’t have ends to deal with afterwards. 
Im enjoying mixing the colours. 
With help from Bella. 😻😻
Both she and Gracie send purrs to you all. 

My novel is being typeset and we’re starting the cover design. 
Here’s the back cover copy, which I spent hours over. 


A Sense for Silver is an intriguing mysterysetting the radiance of Paris in relief against its darker side, exploring Paris’s magicits flavours and its diversity.

Ellyn Boswell, a young silversmith with an uncanny gift of discerning precious metals by touchescapes to Paris after her father is reported killed in a cliff fall. Her signature Byzantine bracelets help her find work with an old jeweller in the city’s best food street, where her love of sharing food helps her make friends. She hates liars and thieves, but she has something they want. Is she being followed for her sense for silver or because of some backlash from her father’s shady dealings?


Remember, if you want to sign up for news of its publication, with the chance of an unboxing prize, please send your email address to me at lmcollis (@) icloud (dot) com, if you haven’t already. 

And finally.,,



This one’s for David Crosby:

We had Jehovah’s Witnesses at the door this week and should have sent Bella! I dislike other people’s religion being pushed at me. 

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx



15 comments:

  1. Ooh that blurb sounds enticing Lynne. Can't wait for the book to be published. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning! It’s really lovely seeing all these beautiful ATCs arriving, Mary Anne’s was amazing in its construction. Love the new colours of the chevrons, reminds me of stones and shells at the beach. Oooh your book blurb sounds good, hope all is going well with the printing/process.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book blurb has me hooked in Lynne. I agree re other people's religion. I'm afraid when JW's called here a couple of weeks ago I was aware they were about and ignored the doorbell. Have a great week. Anne x 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you kept flipping my ATC till you arrived at the final one. Hint: BEGIN with the 14 years side... Loving the yarn combo, really lovely, and I adored your ATC as well. What to do with my elephant...? Still considering!
    Happy WOYWW, on the way to 15!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that your book is set in Paris! my favourite city, which I shall never visit again but have photos. I must admit it is very tempting to buy but I cannot read books . . . the old brain dontcha know . . . Shame cos I have a full set of Angelique books which I have read and reread over the years.
    I have a small handbook 'questions you should ask JWs' and it gets them every time . . .. had some really stupid answers which were very much 'go away and think about it!' lol
    Lovely shades in your scarf, so pleased you managed to find some suitable wool, now you will really enjoy making it up and wearing it.
    Have a good week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book sounds a must read ! How exciting. Its been such Happy mail recently. Thanks for the visit. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you've found, such beautiful soft shades that also coordinate with Bella perfectly! Your book sounds intriguing and the back cover is definitely drawing me in.
    I hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne, great collection of ATCs and many thanks for your one too. I love that little elephant. It's lovely when you hear them pop through the letter box and see the lovely ideas that have been produced. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a lot of nice ATCs. This is the first I've seen of MA's unfolded. Thanks for that.

    Your new yarn is lovely and will make a lovely chevron blanket. I'm loving the sound of that book. I am a big mystery lover. I look forward to more details as they develop.

    I loved all the funnies, but I have to agree with you on religion. That's my feeling, too. Happy WOYWW from #4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your beautiful ATC it is a little treasure . Still not much free time here but It keeps me on the go and I'm certainly fitter from all the walking to hospital to visit! Every cloud. . . x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely collection of ATCs. I bet you can’t wait to see your book in print. Angela #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crafting With Jack Angela25 May 2023 at 02:59

    Lovely collector ATCs. I bet you can’t wait to see your book in print. Love the colours of your new blanket. Angela #19

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we too borrow Bella - I dislike those canvassers as well.
    Sorry I am so late visiting, the torn muscle has been horrible on top of everything else but many thanks for all the advice along the way.
    Lovely atc's on display, nothing quite hits it like happy mail does it?
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful post Lynne ❤️ from gorgeous ATC's 😍 toooo Bella 🐈 with the magic ⭐️ your hands create ... how I wish I could create as you do 😊 to Gracie purring away 🐈 tooooo the back cover for your book .. waaaaahoooooo Lynne, whoooot, whoooot 🥳 what an achievement 👏 it's getting closer and closer to publication 🥳👏🤸‍♀️⭐️exciteeeeed for you!! Thank yoooou for the visit 💕 and for your gorgeous ATC 🐘 precious it is. Bella's sending lots of kisses and licks to you all 🐾 with love and hugs Tracy 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning, Lynne. Disregard my request for information on your book. I found this post. Sounds intriguing! Now if I just read mystery. I'm published in contemporary romance. Love the 'bridge' cartoon! LOL Hugs & Creative Blessings! ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.