Tuesday 30 July 2024

WOYWW 791 Windows, sea caves and new paints

Hi all, 
I’m joining in with What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday, kindly curated by Sarah’s Craft Shed. Take a look and join in!
My workdesk is from my summer art class. Thank you all for encouraging me to finish my collage and watercolour sea cave after a Sara Adams painting. 
I’m much happier with it now. 


Here as well are all our watercolour koi carp from the last class of my summer watercolour workshops


And here’s my desk of today. I’ve been lusting after beautiful handmade watercolours from A. Gallo, a small Italian company that makes gorgeous and non-toxic watercolours. 

They were in a sale so I snapped them up. 
Even the wrapping is gorgeous. 



This is such a treat after last week’s upheavals. We needed new front windows and had to move lots of things out of the way in the front room. The company was excellent and installed them in 3 hours, but then we had to put everything back. 


It was a bit stressful but Bella has got over it and sends you all purrs. 

















My squares and rectangles of c2c crochet are slowly growing. They were going to be slipover for Brian but the shape may lend itself better to a kimono-style cardigan. 


And finally, since Paris is on the TV so much at the mo…




Sorry Sarah!

Take care all and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx




10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, those paints are fab! I saw a YouTube documentary about A Gallo, which was fascinating. I know you’ll enjoy using those xx. Great job with the windows but it disrupts everything so I have sympathy with Bella! Rhys has ordered a new bed so we decided to decorate before it came, everything had to come out of his room!!
It was great to see all the Koi pics lined up, everyone obviously had fun.
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Mary Anne said...

Wow the koi pictures are just wonderful. We had probably 85% or our windows done (just not the ones in the little added rooms off the back) and it was...traumatic LOL! So much mess and disruption for days and days. But the house is so much easier to control temperature wise and so QUIET, it was worth it. If Bella is like Poppy, she is just flopping about in the heat. Poppy loves the cool old tiles downstairs or leaning up against a bookshelf (? is it cooler? maybe) in my studio. Funny kitty...
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Sarah Brennan said...

I can finally comment. Have had to change browser. What gorgeous looking paints Lynne. Loving the full spread of watercolours too. Glad Bella and you weren't too put out with the window change. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Neet said...

The sea looks fab! (Thanks for the email) as do the koi pictures.
It's not long ago that we had all of our windows and doors done but what a difference it has made so all the cleaning and moving of furniture will be well worth it in the winter months to come especially.
Have a good week and tickles to Bella
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Oh how funny is that coffe filter one! I love how different all the koi carp pictures are and I could pick yours out of the bunch. Your cave painting has turned out so well too - you should be really proud. Have a wonderful week, Lisa-Jane #10, www.prettymypage.co.uk

Helen said...

Lots of fab koi painting ! Well done on the windows. I hate upheaval which is why my place us in dire need of work, no spare space ! Happy woyww Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Your painting looks great and I am looking forward to hearing what you think about your new watercolours. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

BJ said...

Oh the coffee filter one had me LOL excellent or should I say trés bien? Love the subtle book print in your sea/cave painting. Gorgeous paint set and a jolly smart house now. Hugs BJ#5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's the worst part of having jobs done, moving stuff and finding somewhere to put it! I love the Koi paintings, gorgeous. Wishing you a good woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Your painting is beautiful and I really like the look of your watercolours too! Beautiful koi carp paintings too! Michelle x