Tuesday 2 July 2024

WOYWW 787

Hi all,
A distant joining in with our bloghop courtesy of Sarah’s Craft Shed from the Beaujolais in France. 
We loved Clos Lucé in Amboise. We had the idea of Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions but when you see them all, built life-size it’s stupendous. 

This isn’t my desk, it was Leonardo’s! Imagine, Leonardo da Vinci taking part in What’s on your Workdesk  Wednesday!
His paints
A double decker bridge and a swing bridge he invented 
We couldn’t go on a boat under Chenonceau castle as planned as both the Loire and the Cher have burst their banks.  
Amboise is a pretty town though. 


Guedelon castle is being built from scratch in a forest and was very interesting. I enjoyed talking to the artisans including a herbalist. The plant she is stripping flowers from is ‘Pastel’ in French which we worked out is woad. 



And a cordwainer making rope. 

We’re now in Beaujolais with family and tonight is the Rosé festival, Thursday is our 41st wedding anniversary, and this weekend is our goddaughter’s birthday party. 
And finally…

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs Lynnecrafts xx

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Thanks so much for joining in from France Lynne. Loving Leonardo's desk! Enjoy the rest of your visit - it looks very interesting. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Loved Leonardo’s desk, great to feature that on WOYWW!! I’ve seen a programme about the building of that castle on the telly, how fab to visit it and see all the artisans there. The herbalist must have ben fascinating but it’s the cordwainer that interested me, such a boring everyday item that we don’t even think about but it took some making with more primitive technology. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary and party too!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Such an interesting post, I would have loved to look in Leonardo’s studio. You holiday has been very interesting. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Lisa-Jane said...

Wow! Leonardo actually joining in with WOYWW??!! Imagine if he left comments on our blog posts - I wonder what on earth he'd say about my skills, haha! What a pretty and interesting trip you've been having. Hope it continues to impress. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #8, www.PrettyMyPage.co.uk

Neet said...

Oh Lynne,, what a fab post. It seems you are having a wonderful holiday and I am enjoying seeing what you are getting up to. Love all this about Leonardo and to see his desk and paints - WOW! I wish I could see these things.
Wonderful photos and I love the horse with the "bleached" bob hair do. Sounds like the sort of holiday I would thoroughly enjoy.
Congratulations to you and Brian on your anniversary, 41 years is a great one to celebrate and happy birthday to your god daughter.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx
ps I wanted to share this with you, not crochet but maybe a nice adornment for something you crochet.https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=2314127885585455

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That looks like a great place to visit, bet you're having a great time. Sounds like you have plenty to celebrate too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Lindart said...

What a fantastic holiday! To think of Leonardo Da Vinci participating in WOYWW! Awesome! I'm sure he's here in spirit! I would love to see all his inventions, amazing! I love going to places like the one you went to, showing how things were done in the past. We have a place about an hours drive from here called Upper Canada Village. Very cool! Happy Anniversary! And enjoy the birthday party! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #14

Mary Anne said...

Oh that looks lovely - and yeah I did think it could be our desk at first :) The tee shirt funny? Slayed me! Substitute Trump for Farage and I'm there. Actually ADD Trump to Farage - they are both twats!
Late AGAIN - the day got away from me
Mary Anne (3)