Tuesday 20 April 2021

WOYWW 620 Pockets

Hi all, back again for our weekly peek at our craft desks courtesy of Julia at The Stamping Ground
This week I’ve been experimenting with pockets for my shawl. The cat stitch is quite open. Possibly not good for a pocket! 


This russet one was too open. 
I started crocheting a lining but that was boring. 


I’ve now tried an adaptation of the stitch to make a more solid shape. Seems better but I’m still thinking. Any suggestions gratefully accepted, thanks! 



I’ve also done a bit of sashiko/biro mending on B’s garden jeans. 

Otherwise, I’m totally fixated by my novel writing and my new writing software Scrivener, which is like an electronic cork board you can attach scenes to, move, split and merge as you wish. It shows I’ve written a whole 25% of my novel! I wish I’d had it years ago. It would have been great for technical reports as well. A free trial download can be found here. 


I’ve had my hair cut at last, yay! And I will be having my 2nd jab on Friday. I wish I could believe it’s over but the figures are creeping up again. 


Thea is still occupying her place at the bottom of the bed and now demands cat milk in a bowl there every morning. Spoilt, moi?? 😻 
She has been so down since Dino died, at other times fearful and skittish so we don’t mind spoiling her. 
 She sends her “MRRP” greeting to all your cats. Someone asked about MRRP. It’s just my spelling of the little chirrup greeting she makes. Sometimes it’s an enthusiastic “Hey!”, at others it’s “what are you bothering me for?”


And finally...




A friend in my writing group sent me this after I mentioned finding a note I’d scribbled about the method of a character’s death. 
 Btw I like Julia’s idea of commemorating our 12th year. I might just send a postcard though, if that’s ok. I’m not very adept at paper crafts aan- ATCs would be too much at present. I haven’t even finished my thread book.😏

Take care and keep crafting 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

12 comments:

  1. Sorry Lynne but I don't have enough knowledge of crochet to offer pocket advice. Glad the book is going so well. Meow to Thea. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, love the Over 50s funny, ain’t that the truth?! I think your second attempt at the pocket lining looks ok, you’re way ahead of me when being adventurous with stitches so I don’t think I have anything helpful to add. Wow to how your novel is progressing and yay to finding a tool to make the process easier, how exciting. The Jodi Taylor was funny/shocking/worrying in equal measure!
    HUgs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it good to have a hair cut ! Hope you sort your pockets, I can't help I'm afraid . Happy woyww xx Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your pocket linings look good - I'm fairly unadventurous when it comes to patterns and would never 'free-style' so I'm not much help I'm afraid. Love the funnies, and it's great that you are getting your second jab soon.
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great funnies! What might you put in your pocket that might fall through? I like the first one. Or is it that the contents would be too visible?
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I still love the first pocket but maybe it just needs lining to maintain the shape and cover the open parts. The new equipment to help with the novel sounds interesting and the haircut looks good too. Take care and love to kitty too but don't let Maisie and Stan know I said that as they are not really cat lovers. Happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a yarn person so I can only look on in wonder but I was delighted by the colours in the sun and how different they are in the light. When I can get back into the writing I want to use Scrivener again. I might not get a free trial as I used it a few years ago (for one day!). Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent my morning making two very special Memory bears and now have time to catch up on a few of my favourite blogs.
    Thanks for calling by at mine earlier. I love your shawl and hope you find a stitch you’re happy with for the pockets.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say I love the rust pocket the best. I would just have to line it (if I was clever enough to do just that). It is gorgeous, don't throw it away, use it somehow.
    Did I miss something - you writing a novel. Now that has me intrigued - no battered old typewriter? Oh I am so excited, I can't wait to hear all about it.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Writing a book is so exciting! My mother is an editor, so she tells me all the time about the books she is editing and the authors. Sometimes I get the books for Christmas! Your Scrivenor board sounds very useful! "MRRP" back to Thea, I hope she can find some peace soon. Our older cat Penny died when Inky was little, she missed her a lot which is why we got Mittsy. Mittsy keeps her on her toes! Have a great week, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne, the cat stitch shawl is awesome indeed! As for the pockets, have you thought about appliquéing some cat faces/paw prints etc. like I've been doing for my hubby's kitty throw? Against a more densely stitched background it would give a bit of interest. They could be done in co-ordinating or contrasting yarn according to how obvious you wanted them to look. Just a thought - I shan't take offence if you chuck out the idea as too naff for words lol! The kitty throw is coming on apace and it's such a fun project.

    Well done with the writing. Nice to know there's some helpful software for plot planning. Love the funnies too!

    I could forgive poor little Thea anything - spoil away! She must be missing Dino so much. I wish our kitties "mrrped" but they don't! It's such a sweet little sound. They send purrs and their own individual little meows to Thea.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you on the hair cut and hope the 2nd jab went OK.
    Your writing sounds to be coming on brilliantly.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #14

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.