Tuesday 27 April 2021

WOYWW 621 chains

Hi all, back again for another week’s crafty blog hopping via The Stamping Ground
I had to do some repairs this week, so out came my jewellery making tools. 

I had bought B the #bakeforSyria cookbook from Unicef and saw this pair of fringed earrings on their site. It’s for charity, that’s my excuse! I wanted to change the ear wires over to the continental fittings I prefer, that need no butterflies. 
I also had some left over links so made myself a chain necklace. 

I like the construction of these earrings. The fringe is sewn together then glued onto the metal strip. 

In my novel-in-progress(15k words now!) I refer a lot to Byzantine chain bracelets. Here is the one I always wear. It takes 200 jump rings I weave together. This is the gold one I made for my 60th birthday. 

I also crocheted some more mask adapters and took them with me to hand out when I went for my 2nd covid jab. 


I’ve sewn up my cat stitch shawl and should have something to show next week. 


Thea sends a “MRRP” to your cats. The cat milk routine in the morning is now fixed and she wakes us up if we’re late with it.

My novel writing was going well but my next creative writing class assignment is to write a romantic scene. I’m so NOT Mills & Boon oriented that I’m finding it a struggle. I do have one of those Kurdish men with half-inch long eyelashes though, who’s just appeared in the Paris section of my novel, so there’s hope yet!

We went to the wonderful Macknades Italian food hall in Faversham this week, for the first time in about 18 months. I adore Pear Mostarda, which is a sort of Venetian chutney, and have missed it. They sell wonderful food all round. The only pity is that they don’t sell spare fridges as ours is now rammed. 
We took our cherry and almond cakes to eat on the beach afterwards. A cold wind but fresh. 

And finally...



Stay safe all and carry on crafting !
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 







15 comments:

  1. I did not know that particular weave of jump rings was a Byzantine pattern. It always catches my breath when I see such a chain, I love them. In gold your bracelet is just gorgeous. Good luck with the romantic scene, don’t put it off, just do what you think of as romance, it doesn’t have to be the fainting and swooning of a Mills and Boon! It can’t be the same for everyone can it. The chap with the lashes sounds a jolly good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those new earrings are lovely and I bet suit you down to the ground! Good to see that fabulous gold bracelet you made, it’s so clever and soooooo effective. Well done on the mask adapters too, it’s such a small thing that makes a huge difference xx
    How exciting that you’re getting on with your novel so well - long eyelashes sound good but it’s a muscly forearm that always does it for me :-D
    HUgs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Byzantine chain pattern, it's gorgeous, and the earrings too. Jokes are great! Pussy cats happy! Have a lovely Happy WOYWW! Stay Safe((Lyn)) #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the jewellery. Good luck with the romantic storyline... Happy woyww Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that bracelet is stunning, it looks like a very intricate pattern but just beautiful, especially in gold too. The earrings are gorgeous too. Good luck with the romantic scene, I'm already imagining the chap with the long lashes!
    Have a good week,
    Diana xx #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous earrings and bracelet Lynne - toy have such patience. Look forward to seeing the finished cat stitch shawl next week.. Good luck with the romantic scene! Meow to Thea. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the earing and bracelet. Hope you get the novel finished, I have one i have been trying to write for over 15 years and now need to set it in another place .

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those crochet mask holders are brilliant - I'm currently using a paperclip opened out to keep the ties away from my the deep scars behind my ears. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting post, Lynne. You certainly are multi-talented! Those earring are right up my street - fabulous ethnic style. The woven jump ring bracelet is absolutely amazing - I have no idea how you achieved that effect! Sweet little Thea with her "early morning tea" routine! Ours just want breakfast first thing and make no bones about it, the greedy lot. I love the idea of your kitties jumping like frogs! They are so funny. Thank you for your visit - the kitty throw is too big to hide, I'm afraid. It's no matter - he always goes up to bed hours before I do - he's a lark and I'm an owl, and I also have a seriously disrupted sleep pattern so I get several uninterrupted hours each evening. The regular days when he's out, I tend not to be able to take advantage of that because I'm always busy with other stuff, which is a shame. I think I shall be able to finish the throw by mid-May in time for his birthday, though. I'm glad the ginger is beneficial for your asthma. It's an amazing spice. Dad's favourite chocolates were Thornton's Dark Gingers and I have to say I'm in agreement! I try not to eat such things these days, though. He also loved preserved stem ginger in a jar so the kitties would always give him some for Christmas.

    I can't wait to see the finished cat stitch shawl! I've been drooling over that fabulously coloured yarn for weeks...

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely jewellery. I hate all that heaving bosoms and stirring loins stuff of Mills and Boon, mind you, I am not keen on sex scenes in any form. Give me the seagulls in the sky or the train rushing by as in the old movies. 🤣. Happy WOYWW Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynne, those cherry and almond cakes sound divine!!! That said as I lick my lips! LOLOL And a beautiful beach scene to boot, how lovely!! I used to do a lot of jewelry, but got out of it. I still have all my tools and every now and again, I will have to fix something or make a quick bracelet. My art just seems to keep my attention more!! Love that you took in the mask adapters when you went for your 2nd jab. Very clever!! Your "and finally's" are too funny! Have a great rest of your week and maybe just a tad more cakes...yum! LOL Felicia #27

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with the earrings they are gorgeous. I bet the movement of the fringing is lovely. Good luck with the love scene if I was doing it, it would probably end up as a comedy Lol! Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful jewelry, I need to make some of those crochet extenders. About 8 rows? My masks are starting to hurt my ears. What a world we live in. Smart Phone, Smart Car well my garage door is opening and no one anywhere....will find a ladder and unplug it for now.. Unreal

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Lynne, ooooh pretty jewellery, stunning and so clever. I'm just starting to learn to make jewellery, mostly upcycling bits from broken old pieces, but I have a LOT to learn, especially when I look at things like these, beautiful. Have you seen the new TV series "All that Glitters?" with a group of jewellers in a workshop competing to be chosen as the best? I love it. Love the idea of crochet mask adapters too, I hadn't seen those, but have now found a YT vid waiting to check out when I'm finished blogging. Have a lovely BH weekend. Annie C #21

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super read today! Love all the jewellery and photos and funnies!
    Happy WoyWW!
    Susan #17

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.