Tuesday 11 May 2021

WOYWW 623 Pockets and feathers

Hi all, back again for our Wednesday blog hop, hosted for 12 YEARS next week by our host Julia at The Stamping Ground. Have a look and why not join in?
I've finished my pocket shawl (just in time for the summer 😏 )

Here are views with the rust pockets, and on the reverse, the blue pockets. 


I've also done a bit of jewellery making. I love these steampunk feathers I found on Amazon. 
Now I have some sleepers I really like. Sometimes my right ear can be difficult. Maybe the angle of the hole is off, I don't know. Anyway, at times it's best to leave my sleepers in. I bought some lobster clasps so I can hook dangles onto my sleepers without taking them out. 



This is what they look like. Unfortunately I ordered 9mm lobster clasps and they won't quite close. They will slip over the open sleeper but not latch on, so I'll have to get bigger ones.

I have some other charms to make into earring dangles so I'll see what the 11mm lobster clasps are like.

My village is having an Anglo- Saxon festival at the end of June ( we’ve had big archeological digs here). I wonder if I could add a yarn bombing. Any ideas on Anglo- Saxon themes?

My romantic assignment (in my creative writing class - I’m not slipping out on assignments 🤣) went ok, but I apparently didn't put enough slushy feeling into it. Now, I'm a feminist so I have always resisted that sort of "Oh my beating heart" writing. You know what I mean. Books with covers of nurses fainting before handsome doctors, that sort of thing.

We have another assignment in the same genre this week, with lots of "spanners in the works" so I've done a traveller boy who falls for the daughter of a cop. If a boy is doing the swooning, it seems easier for me to write.

Thea alternates between mad parkours of the garden and intense sleeping, with occasional visits for hugs like this one. She loves to lick my ear. A very strange feeling!


We went for a walk up Folkestone's Old High Street on Monday, looking for postcards.
It's become very pretty and arty, thanks to all the investment in our "Creative Quarter."
It's not feasible for us to go on holiday yet so I'm determined to make the most of our local area.. 




And finally, I have chosen a couple of cartoons that remind me (in a nice way!) of LLJ and family this week....


Jan, I think Gordon will like this one too....


Stay safe all, and keep crafting!
Hugs Lynne x

20 comments:

  1. well done on finding postcards, I failed here. the finished shawl looks fabulous. Happy WOYWW Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the finished shawl Lynne. The funnies made me laugh - I was once given 10 days notice of a Dalek costume required by my eldest son. The feathers look great - hope you get the right sized clasps for them. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, the shawl looks fabulous - both ways! Funny Funny's - made me guffaw - stay safe & well - Cheers Maurs - WOYWW #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is lovely, both sides! That’s a very narrow high street, must be quite old. Happy WOYWW Angel #10

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post this morning! Love the shawl, great colours and will be so useful, especially the pockets. The feathers are fun and I can see you wearing them, I seem to wear smaller earrings these days but you have the elan to carry them off! I loved the little street in Folkestone, how lovely is that? We’re trying to support small local shops as well atm, poor Carmarthen is looking a bit decimated. The funnies made me lol, the little sods did that to me many times, usually telling me at 10pm what they needed for the next day...I rebelled once and they eve did it again!!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fab shawl and I love the pockets! Pockets are so under-rated in my book. What a pretty street that is - I don't think you are alone in finding more wonderful places to go closer to home. I've explored places on my door step that I never knew existed. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is beautiful and I love both the pocket colourways. The feathers are gorgeous and perfect for earrings, I love the patina on them. Your High Street looks so picturesque, how lovely to have a Creative Corner - I am sure I'd be able to spend hours and hours there!
    Hope you have good week, and thank you for the funnies - they made me laugh.
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shawl - especially the blue side but then I am a blue lover.
    Oh dear, does everything have to be Barbara Cartland? I love your writing and hope you do not lose your creativity by trying to please the tutor. Love the fleamarket.
    The lobster claw is a good idea, I wonder if I have anything resembling a sleeper that I an get in. I do have trouble putting ear rings in at times, funnily enough the right one too. I have some lovely charms from Diana that would work perfectly - little peapods.
    Take vcare, no ideas for the yarn bombing at the moment - will think.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne, oh dear I am tempted to run back to my blog and delete my crochet pic - the blankets seem very basic compared to your shawl! I did only start crocheting before Christmas, so I might build up to something similar when I've had more practice ... Lovely earrings - something else I used to do I'm my youth, make my own jewellery! Folkestone does look very pretty - I don't think I've ever been there! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #23

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shawl and those steam punk feathers are fantastic. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#19)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl looks amazing and loving the funnies. Nice to see you keeping busy too. Sending lots of woyww hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shawl and your feather earrings. Thea looks like a sweet cat, I can just see her parkouring around the garden lol. It's cat nap time in our house and they are all asleep Elle #27

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynne! The earring idea is awesome - I never knew you could hang things on sleepers! I will have to look into that...your shawl is beautiful, I love the pockets, great idea! My kitties say hi to Thea, and would join her if they could! I think they do most of their parkouring in the dead of night! I love the munitions cartoon! Take care, Lindart #29

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cat stitch shawl is a triumph, Lynne. Well done indeedy! So nice to finish a major project, isn't it - the kitty throw is well on the way now, with progress being made on the border. Great idea with the earrings. I love the feathers. Great funnies, especially the second one!! The Ultimate Musical Deterrent haha! Give Thea a hug from me. Our kitties love romping in the garden too. At this moment they are both...... ASLEEP. As per usual!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynne, the finished shaw is super gorgeous! I love the pockets!! I have a few shaws, but none with pockets and I would love that!! I love those steampunk feathers! I used to do jewelry and it was super fun! Those will make great earings, charm or even necklace!! Good luck sorting it out! :) that picture of Folkestone's Old High Street is making me jealous! I would so love to be strolling down that street going from shop to shop! Just love it! That kitty is too precious enjoy all that snuggling! Blessings Felicia #25

    ReplyDelete
  16. That shawl is lovely great to have pockets, Love the feathers and will make great earring great picture of old Folkestone,

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #14

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look, sunshine, and you looking lovely in the shawl, can’t decide between the two colour options, gosh it’s going to be so useful. I really like those feathers too, don’t they look great on your earring. I have a pair of sleepers with that fastening which I find maddening, I never seem to be able to locate the stick bit in its gate! Love the look of a Folkestone’s artist quarter, nice place to stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your return visit, Lynne. Glad you like my various projects. I actually made a start on the Persian tiles throw this afternoon and began the first octagon! I'm loving the colours already. You asked about my interchangeable knitting needles. I've had them for about a year - they are ChiaoGoo brand, and came in a lovely little fabric pouch that I am using for my crochet bits as well - it's so convenient having everything together. You can read about them on my blog post here: https://shoshiplatypus.com/woyww-569-more-florabunda-and-some-cards/ I absolutely love using them - quite the best needles I've ever owned.

    Shoshi x #24

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’ve just found your comment on my Wednesday blog to say you’d like to swap ATCs with Jo and I. Happy to swap so can you please send me your details via email at wipso2310@gmail.com.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still haven't found any postcards, it's like...well, no one here on holiday so why should we put them out to sell. Maybe Monday will be different! I have made a few ATC's though, so any swaps would be great! Stay Safe, Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #12

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.