Tuesday 4 May 2021

WOYWW 622 Pockets and stories

Hi all, another Wednesday blog hop courtesy of Julia at https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com. It’s amazing to think it will soon be the 12th anniversary for WOYWW. 

I’ve made some more ear savers this week as B went for his 2nd covid vaccination. We’re both double-jabbed now. He’s achy after his Astra Zeneca jab, but happy to be more protected. 

Lisa-Jane, yours will be in the post tomorrow. 
I’ve sewn up my cat stitch shawl but I haven’t put all the pockets on yet. Here’s a photo - in - progress to show one pocket. In general the revere will be the other way. It will also need blocking / ironing. 
I’m going to put blue pockets on the other side so it will be reversible. 

I’m watching All that Glitters on BBC2 while sewing this. I love this series. They are all so skilled. 
I have an idea I’m playing with for some earrings with interchangeable charms. I’m waiting for supplies I’ve ordered, but will hopefully have something to show on a future blog. 

I’ve been tied up developing my romance story all week. It fits as a chapter of my Paris-based novel in progress. 
It introduces Rafiq, a Kurdish journalist who is investigating the sale of looted silver. He has 1/2 inch eyelashes, and, for LLJ, muscly forearms from volunteering at a Paris community garden. He and Ellyn start out dismissing each other, but they’re gradually brought together, especially when she helps him identify looted silver at the Paris Silver fair...
Maybe you’ll be able to read it one day! I’m up to 19K words for the novel, even though I cut bits every so often. After an investment like that, I will have to carry on. My weekly creative writing class is a great help. I wouldn’t have brought in a romantic element without it. 

Thea is out more now the weather is better. 
Here she is looking smug after parkour running  from the garage and all along the fence, jumping over all the posts  

And finally...


Stay safe, all and keep on crafting!
Hugs
Lynne x




17 comments:

  1. that shawl looks really good, warm and comfy.
    Love your funnies
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  2. The And Finally cartoons made me laugh, never underestimate an old woman anyway is my motto.....I think Sir Terry knew and valued the expertise of women of a certain age, he wrote really well for them. I’m looking forward to meeting your hero, he sounds rather knee trembling :-D
    Love the shawl with pockets, brilliant idea! I’m watching the jewellery prog too and am enjoying it (thought the judges need to take lessons from Patrick and Esme in my opinion), what skill they’re all showing, I’d quite like them all to win!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx
    PS Fab news about Bri, G has his second on 19th May, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post, you sure keep fun busy. Love your warm looking shawl. And I had a laugh at your funnies. Glad to see good weather your way. #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is amazing - it looks so warm and comfortable. Your funnies are brilliant! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne, wow - a novel! You go girl, can't wait to see it published and read it, sounds intersting and a good read already! I love your shawl too, I want to pick up crocheting again but shops a too busy/crowded right now to go buy me thread (and I don't order online 'cause I want to be able to see and FEEL it before buying...) I'm scheduled for my first vaccin (Pfizer) next week, we're a bit behind in the Netherlands but I look forward to have it done! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's nice to see you again. Big hug from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are both looking smug, Thea outside and you in the gorgeous shawl. The funnies are brilliant too. Happy creative woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is looking absolutely fabulous! Ab Fab Dahling! I can imagine it with the reversible pockets - how useful is that.
    Love the new guy in the story, he sounds quite a dish although I am so envious of his half inch eyelashes. Can't wait to read more about Paris - you describe it so well. Funnily enough I just did two journal pages with Paris as a theme - no handsome men though.
    Not seen the programme you talk about - I thought it was the make up programme that I used to watch and just noticed is back on with a new series. I must get these comments done so I can play catch up (but without the Ding Dong)
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the completed cat stitch shawl, Lynne - it's beautiful, and also looks lovely and warm. What a great idea to put pockets on the other side too, to make it reversible. That yarn is dreamy... Glad to hear your creative writing is progressing so well. It's lovely to see Thea out and about enjoying herself in the garden. Our kitties love it, too. Great funnies at the end! I think I can relate to the second one, don't you?

    Thank you for your lovely comment and for your kind words. I have an appointment to see the nurse practitioner at the surgery tomorrow and we'll see what she says about my boob lump. Glad you like the various projects - I'm really enjoying having both knitting and crochet going at the same time, which is unusual for me. I've added a further four squares to the blanket now.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #16

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne. Just love the sheep "and finally". Brilliant fun. You have done really well with the shawl - it's looking so good. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. the shawl is looking fabulous! well done on you both being double jabbed. thanks for your lovely comment Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is gorgeous and looks so snuggly and perfect for the weather we are currently having! I love the and finally's this week.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #24

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shawl looks great Lynne. Love the idea it will be reversible too. Thea does look rather pleased with herself. The last and finally made me laugh in particular. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for putting the ear-save in the post for me Lynne, I really appreciate it. I shall look forward to reading your novel. I recently read A Paris Story which is based on a real event of an apartment being found, untouched for 70 odd years, complete with historical and valuable art works, and a flamingo! Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the last funny :). Your new shawl looks fabulous and just the thing for cold evenings - whatever the time of year. Have a great week Angela #23

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha, the shape of the shawl is so obvious now!! Best idea to have it reversible, I must say. Made me laugh at the mention of Thea doing Parkour...I guess that cats are the originators of the phenomenon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynne - just popping by to have a sneaky look - I am back to WOYWW after a long time out so seeing who's who and what's what LOL!! Hope to catch up again soon - Cheers Maurs #33 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still trying to catch up with my commenting! Yesterday was Mother's Day here in Australia so after a lovely lunch and lots of fizz I didn't get anything else done...

    Lovely warm shawl and the pockets will be very useful!
    Your funnies made me smile!

    Happy Woyww!
    Susan #25

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.