Tuesday 14 September 2021

WOYWW 641 Sex, drugs and rock n roll challenge

Hi all, back for our weekly desk/crafting peek, kindly hosted by Julia at The Stamping Ground
Last week, when LLJ commented on my song- themed crochet squares, she wondered what a Sex Drugs & Rock n Roll themed one would look like. 
Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll Challenge 
(Sorry, it sounds wilder than it is 😏)
So, if you feel like it, here’s a challenge. Show me what you think a Sex, drugs n rock n roll square should look like! The squares start from the centre, so it’s helpful if the design is symmetrical on the four sides. You can share them via Facebook or email them to me at Lmcollis@icloud-dot- com and I’ll feature any next week. If any are within my capabilities, I’ll even have a go at one. 😀 Don’t worry about it being “crochetable,” it’s just a bit of fun. 
Polly Plum’s Stardust Melodies patterns all start from a square with double crochets in the back loop only. This gives a nice line of stitches to crochet down into. 
This one looks a bit like dope leaves but is called Dream a little dream of me. 


This is the easiest one. As Time Goes By. 






I started going off piste this week. The first one looks a bit Noughts and Crosses. 












With this one I made it off centre to try and get a bit of movement into the design. It looks a bit like a ninja square!

We  went to Sandwich with my cousin and her husband last Thursday. I don’t see her much as she lives near Exeter. We had a lovely day mooching around Sandwich. 
The market had an excellent bread stall and we bought some rye and linseed bread, like that I used to bring home when I worked in Denmark. 
We went to the Medieval centre, where the craftspeople were really interesting, showing us 15th century metal and woodwork, and talking about the life at the time. 


They showed us arrow types, for poachers ( a ball to knock out birds) , for armour-piercing, chain mail etc. I bought one (£3!) as it will make a good bradawl once I find a handle. B has suggested a paintbrush handle which is a good idea. 

I hadn’t realised, but in the 15th century, the port of Sandwich was huge, the third most important port in the country, used for wool export and wine imports. The centre is making a copy of a 15th century boat. 

My creative writing course has restarted. It’s always a brilliant inspiration. 
Big cat diaries 
Bella has decided this week that she likes my lap. Today I was instructed to come downstairs.  I thought she wanted food, but no, my required function was cat cushion. I know my place!


















There’s quite a competition now. They’re not cats who share easily. Here’s Gracie. 

















They send meows to all your cats 😻😻

And finally…

This one is for the BBC Proms season. Hasn’t  it been wonderful? Did you see St Saen’s Carnival of the Animals? Brilliant! It’s here (link only works for UK, sorry). The only one I won’t watch is the last night of the Proms. It’s very jingoistic. The song Rule Britannia makes my blood boil. “Britons never will be slaves” indeed. 🤬🤬 Only because they made so much out of enslaving others. It really should be banned. 
Anyway, the rest of the music was glorious. 

Stay safe and carry on crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

16 comments:

  1. Interesting challenge not sure where to start but will have a think about it. I love the funny of the conductor as it reminded me of when I conducted the Royal Marine's band and they told me to do exactly the same thing but that's a story for another time. Have a lovely woyww whatever you choose to do this week. Hugs, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever been to Sandwich. it sounds fascinating . Love your squares. Helen #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Lynn but as my crochet ability is zero I wouldn't know what would work in a square design. The medieval centre looks interesting, glad you had a good time with your cousin. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll have a bit of a think, lol! The Ninja square really does look like a throwing star, it’s even got a bit of the movement in it. You’re very good at crocheting tricky designs! Sandwich sounds a fab place to go, I like the reenactors very much and think you could be a bit lethal with that arrowhead!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The funnies are lways funny...I usually nip down and read them first! I can't crochet, I even had to find out how to spell it! But, I wish I could! I have tried...its just a thing that blanks my mind when I try! I'm not sure how to add Sex drugs or rock and roll in a square!!Happy WOYWW! Stay Safe, Keep crafting ((Lyn)) #22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for popping by. I do attend crochet but designing such a square is beyond me! I like the final two squares you have shared. Take care. Anne 10

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to think about that crochet - not that I know what can be done and what can't.
    Never been to Sandwich but I have been to Denmark and my bedroom was byone the one of my host (a 6'5" Dane) I remember his feet sticking out of his bed as I walked through. (Not as it sounds)
    Love the kitties and the funnies.
    Hugs, Neet
    ps my first teabag book is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVM07pTNBo&t=48s
    can't find my others

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have cuddly cats and to have a purpose as a cat cushion - my life's ambition lol. The medieval centre sounds really interesting, hope you find a good handle for your bradawl. As for sex drugs and rock and roll, all that pops into my head is Ian Dury singing that song so that's no help at all lol. Happy WOYWW! Elle #11 this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very different and interesting challenge, not sure what I would make for that one,

    Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the interpreted crochet squares. I have been to Sandwich many years ago and on a day when everything was closed! ANi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had plans this afternoon but now you got me thinking about a 'sex, drugs and rock 'n roll' crochet square... ha! I might design one for you... Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great day/week. Love from Holland, Marit #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the crochet square I thought of a music note in the middle surrounded by different colours exploding outwards! By the way Britain didn’t invent slavery, but they were instrumental in stopping the trade. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynne, apologies for my remark earlier, I was feeling rather obstreperous, but I have had a good rest this afternoon. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the squares, Lynne - really imaginative and fun. Your kitties are just adorable and so affectionate! They know they have found the best possible home with you and love to be with you! If we must talk politics on here, I have to agree with Angela about Britain and slavery. History is being re-written today. It was Britain who abolished the slave trade. We simply cannot believe all this wokery going on!!

    Thank you for your comment, and sorry for the late visit - I'm all behind this week and it's worse as the days go on as I am developing the expected fatigue as a result of my treatment and not feeling great. In answer to your question, no need to avoid anyone after the treatment as it does not leave one radioactive.

    Lily and Ruby send meows, purrs and cuddles to you and Bella and Gracie!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #12

    ReplyDelete
  15. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. rock and roll

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Crimson Class

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.