Tuesday 1 March 2022

WOYWW 665

First of all, sending BIG HUGS to our Julia. I don’t know what will happen with the bloghop tomorrow, but my thoughts are with her and her family.💕

I’ve had a few goes  at mixing blues and rusts this week. At first it felt a bit flat, till I found a stitch (linen stitch)  that mixed up the rows. 
I’ve also done a couple more Dorset Buttons as I have a new green and cream jacket that didn’t come with any. 
Ukraine is very much in our thoughts at present, such terrible suffering. I haven’t seen any local initiatives, but at least there’s the UNHCR appeal to help the refugees. 

I’ve felt quite frustrated by the stupid government policy that pretends covid is now no more than a cold for anyone. No free testing and no requirement to self-isolate means I scarcely dare go out now. John Toshack is in ICU with severe pneumonia after catching covid. Given I spent a week in hospital in July with pneumonia, I daren’t gamble I’d be in the ‘cold’ category. 
I contacted my GP and I’m having a 4th covid jab next week. 
But the surprisingly effective therapy has been to take up baking. This is an Irish Barmbrack. 

Brian also requested walnut and coffee chocolates this week. They were a bit of an experiment-I’m not keen on this mould as it’s too deep - and 1Tbs of coffee isn’t enough but they were ok. Since they have very little sugar, they’re not too naughty, though the barmbrack had lots of dried fruit. 

Our cat flap died in the recent storms so we had the had the entertainment of putting together a new one today. As it works off their microchips it was a bit complicated.  We kept telling them it would keep the ginger tom away but they were “nonpussed”. 

 
And finally…



Stay safe,all and happy crafting 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 

11 comments:

  1. The funnies made me smile and we sure need that these days. I love the colour combo of your crochet and that linen stitch works well. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that the fourth jab helps, I can totally appreciate your position. It was a shock to us in the hotel last week that no one was wearing masks and it was really busy. So we did and in the shops too, peace of mind.
    The colours look great in that linen stitch, they really show up well! I love how adventurous you are in the chocolate making, I wouldn’t know where to start!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Dorset buttons! And yes, I agree, the policy that suggests we "live with Covid" is a slap in the face of the vulnerable, who are left to protect themselves with no help in sight. Not suggesting the whole world needs to stay home but masks are not that onerous and would go a long way to keeping everyone safe. The crochet is so bright and cheerful it helps (as do the funnies) in a dark week. Like you, too, my heart goes out to Julia. Hopefully all our care and concern will shine thru to her.
    Wishing peace for WOYWW and every other day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the total cancellation of precautions is daft, I am still wearing my mask in shops and on the buses. I hope the 4th jab helps and that you don't feel too scared to go out.. Love the crochet. Take care and stay safe and thanks for the funnies again. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynn I so agree with you about the Covid situation - having several health problems ourselves we are still feeling quite vulnerable and being very cautious about going out. I don't expect everyone to stay indoors but I do feel that requiring people to wear masks in certain situations is not unreasonable. I am glad you have a 4th jab lined up, and I think your therapy sounds and looks delicious! The crochet is beautiful - I shall be looking for that stitch and having a go, it really does make for a very eye catching effect.
    Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your funnies are great today, really smile worthy for sure. You are so right about the Covid arrangements. We have to be so careful when shopping for my mum's food as there are so many people not wearing masks and I don't see why it would be a problem for people to wear them in supermarkets. It would be easy to just order on-line but then we wouldn't go anywhere at all, at least at the Craft club the ladies still wear masks and we keep the tables apart. Loving your buttons and the crochet too. I think I might have to have a go at making coffee flavoured chocolate as I relly like it but you don't see it in the shops now. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully here in Scotland we`re still required to wear masks, it`s scry covid isn`t going away ... please be safe and well, I really feel for you.
    Ontoooo your gorgeous buttons and crochet ... totally in love and adore along with your wee funnies ... a joy to see.
    Sending love and warm hugs Tracy #21 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The funnies are great this week Lynne especially the dalek and the Amazon password. That chocolate looks yummy - as does the cake. Hope the 4th jab goes well. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, they pretend Covid is not a thing any more - but GPs still refuse to see people face-to-face! - go figure. Love the idea of heating the house with cats LOL. Lovely baking and crocheting! Hope you have a good week! xx zsuzsa #14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours in your crochet. I think people should still wear masks as nobody knows how long the vaccine will be effective. Take care Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know about Julia's mom until after I posted and went to link to her blog. I was so sorry to hear that. Great funnies, and pretty crocheting. Oh, and you made me hungry! LOL Happy WOYWW. #25

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.