Tuesday 8 March 2022

WOYWW 666 Maps, crazy crochet

Hi all, I’m back for our weekly blog hop care of Julia at The Stamping Ground. Isn’t it incredible, that Julia has hosted this for 666 weeks?
First of all Happy International Womens Day for yesterday! 

I’ve done a bit more crazy crochet, which will eventually become a cardigan. So far I’m sticking to my resolution only to use wool from my stash. 
Thanks 
I’ve spent a lot of time doing what Brian calls ‘Hard colouring in’ this week. It was a guilty pleasure to create PowerPoint images when I was working; I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed it. 
I’ve created a map of Ellyn’s Paris for my novel. I drew the Eiffel Tower by hand as I didn’t want to use potentially copyrighted images. I haven’t labelled Paris landmarks like the Louvre and the Arc de Triomphe but I hope they’re evident. Given that the novel is mainly located in Paris, away from touristy areas, I thought it might help the reader. 
I thought I’d finished my first edit, so I transferred it as a private document to my Kindle. It did give me a thrill, seeing it there, but, reading it on that, I’ve so far found 47 errors to correct. 🙆. Oh well, more editing before I send it out to my test readers!
Last week we had a very nice walk onto the harbour arm, a bit misty but a good stretch. Last night I broke my little toe stubbing it against the base of the magazine rack in the bathroom, so walking is off the agenda apart from indoors hobbling as far as I can manage. Osteoporosis, grrr! I do have to go for my 4th covid jab on Thursday so I’ll have to hobble there. 




Gracie and Bella were fighting again yesterday evening so I was threatening them with pumpkin hats again. Looking at their photos, you’d never believe they could be naughty!





And finally…




Stay safe and happy crafting 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

15 comments:

  1. What a b*&^%r about your toe, I bet that hurt like crazy - even if you went to he docs, they don’t do anything for toes do they? Except strip it up to its neighbour. I’ll be relieved when you get the 4th booster, another bit of help.
    The map is fab, I enjoyed looking it - I always think they help getting the bearings in a novel, plus I’m a sucker for any map so you’re on a winner there! Love the colours of the crochet, it may be a stash buster but it’s very pleasing!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! Sorry to hear about your toe. I don’t know how long recovery is, but I hope it’s soon. Love the funny about the bears. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the toe, hope it isn't too long before it heals again.
    Roll on my 4th booster, might ring the surgery as they forgot me for the 3rd. Good luck with yours.
    The crochet is lovely and bright, it looks absolutely fabulous (AbFab) against that black background of the blog page.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor toe ! Hobble carefully x love the crazy crochet . Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch your poor toe Lynne,take care till it heals 🤗 good luck for your covid jag.
    I adore your bright colourful crochet ... swoooon 😍 happiness it is! Gorgeous photos ... look at that sky on the last one 💛💛💛 Oh oh .... read your words but oh my your photos ... they lookmsweet as can beee 😘😄 sending love and hugs your way,take care Tracy #21 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Your poor toe. I hope it heals soon. Hope the booster goes well. Love the bright crochet and the funnies made me smile! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you broke your toe - I hope it mends quickly and isn't giving you too much pain. I am loving that crazy crochet - that is going to be some cardigan and it's great that you are using up stash too. The map looks very interesting, I love books with maps in - I can flip back and forth from story to map many, many times - it adds to the whole experience in a very positive way I find. Love the funnies, I think we all need something to help raise a smile at the moment.
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your toe, that's a bummer. Been there, done that. I didn't know you were a writer! How exciting! My Mom is an editor for a small publisher here, she often gives me books she has edited. I love when writers put maps in their books, makes it all more real. I didn't know 4th jabs were going around! I passed a vaccine clinic yesterday wondering if they would give me a 4th jab! Things are opening up a lot here, masking will be not required by the end of March, which, frankly, is scary to me! It will be strange...Have a great week, Lindart #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the funnies but not the bit about your toe as that sounds rather painful. Hope it's better soon. I know I'm late but want to try and get round before bed. Wishing you a very happy woyww and sending hugs, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great harbor walk photos, and funnies! Happy belated WOYWW. #23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch Lynne! Just ouch! I love the map, you clearly know Paris well anyway, and it’s exciting for me as a potential reader to see it, I can tell you! The 47 corrections go right over my head, I just take these things as read, but for the likes of you, I expect it’s very important. I did find a crossword with a mistake yesterday, and that made me a little wild, is that the same? Your crazy cardi is living up to its name already….perhaps Bella and Gracie ought to have matching jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh poor you!! Turns out it's quite easy to break your toe - I've done it twice!! How thrilling that your book is nearly ready to go out to test readers! Yes I could work out the landmarks, you did it well. The funnies this week were great too. Happy editing!! Have a good week, Cindy #20

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the crochet! Also a tip - there are LOADS of public domain maps you can freely use (or adapt) if you like. https://www.loc.gov/maps/?q=paris&fa=online-format%3Aimage%7Clocation%3Aparis&sb= is a good place to start :) Thanks for the funnies too. Always a laugh...
    Criminally late for WOYWW this week :(
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woefully late this week sorry. Been a bit hectic sending son into the big wide world, I've finally let go of Duolingo Diamond League too! Oh my - sorry to hear of your big toe debarkle - not fun at all, hope it is better soon, but I suppose more time for the great crazy crochet, map making and Welsh! BJ#8

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your toe!
    Love the colours of the crazy crochet.
    I am very late commenting but hope to get around everyone now...
    See you tomorrow!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #13

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.