Tuesday 5 April 2022

WOYWW 670 Boob central and Turkish research

Hi again! I'm back for a weekly peek at what each of us has been up to, courtesy of Miss Julia at the Stamping Ground.




Here it's been boob central, as I make more for our local maternity unit. They're for training on breastfeeding, and they like to have one of each pair with a sticking-out nipple, and the other with a flat nipple. No idea why. I don’t yet know if they can take single ones as my contact is on leave. 

I've also been doing some very satisfying research on Istanbul, for my new novel, where Ellyn and Rafiq go searching for trafficked silver in Istanbul, as part of Rafiq's research into Iraqi war crimes.
I can't go there yet, but it's a great excuse for travel research. I've been reading Elif Shafak as well, a beautiful Turkish novelist. 

My first novel, A Sense for Silver, has now gone for editing. It's scary, as I don't know how many changes will be recommended. I'll then have to update it and start hustling for an agent and a publisher. Not looking forward to that!

On Sunday, we went looking for a tall ship, that the internetty webby thing said would dock in Folkestone at 13:00. Well, I think it got blown in faster. We could see it on the horizon but it was going away, not coming closer. 


Here’s where it had gone!


We heard a good jazz busker though, and at least this seagull didn't crap on the roof of our car!
I’ve finally found a mould of the right size for my chocolates, from Lakeland.  I made walnut, coffee and prune chocolates this time, with a few almond ones as well. 


Bella and Gracie send purrs to all your cats. 


And finally 



Take care and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynne x


14 comments:

  1. hope the book comes back without too many changes needed! Shame about the trip to see the ship, maybe it wasn't on summertime! Have a good week. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last funny made me laugh out loud Lynne. Pity you missed the tall ship. Glad you've found a mould the right size - the chocolates look delicious. Good luck with your novel too. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a shame you missed the ship after making the effort to go. Great funnies this week - where do you find them all? Have a great week, Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be thrilling knowing your first book is so nearly finished - I wish you lots of luck with the agent/publisher side of things - I'm putting my name down for a copy now!! The research you are doing sounds so interesting, we recently re-watched Simon Reeve travelling around Turkey - it was fascinating and he always shows a side of a place that is totally unexpected. Well done on all those crocheted boobs and those chocolates sound delicious.
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab that your first novel has gone for editing and the research for the second has started! Brilliant! I’ve always wanted to go to Turkey, so much history to explore.
    The boobs made me smile, well done on a great job - bet that’s something you never thought you’d be doing when you took up crochet!
    Am not posting today, been quite rough with abdominal cramping again.
    Hugs LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellooo Lynne,Bella and Gracie ... everything crossed here for your novel 🤞💕💛💕💛 so happpppy for you, wishing you well in all you do... exciting times ahead! Sorry you missed the tall ship 😔 Loving your crochet along with your funnies ... made me laugh out loud at the end of reading! Have the best of days ahead. Love and hugs Tracy #15 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynne, I do wish you good luck with your first novel. I so enjoyed the Parisian stories soif they are anything to go by you will be brilliant.
    Sorry you missed the tall ships but glad you also missed the gull poo!
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynne, looks like you've had another interesting week. Good luck with the novel and pleased you escaped the Seagull droppings. I smiled at the dogs and the homework as it was a story I heard so many times when I was teaching that the dog had eaten the homework! Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The novel news is exciting - I do hope it all works out well for you. I enjoyed my trip to Turkey - lovely people and history. The funnies made me laugh - cow/moon especially. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for calling in on me earlier and for your lovely comments. Sorry you missed the tall ship. Good luck with your book.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the funnies...I might have to borrow one or two! And I wouldn't mind 'borrowing' those chocolates too but you wouldn't get them back! Mr Jinx sends Bella and Gracie purrs! Happy WOYWW!? Stay safe ((Lyn))#10

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again Lynne, thanks for your visit to mine - the ribbed effect in the first collage is a picture of a sand dollar - I have a bundle of old black and white photography magazines that have some very unusual images in them, but not much colour!!
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What interesting boobies you are making! We never had those when I was learning about breastfeeding! The chocolates look deee-licious! Congratulations on your book! My Mom is an editor, and works for a small publishing company here in Canada. Her advice to you, I am sure, would be to make sure your editor is a professional, or to submit it un-edited so the publisher can use their own editors (which they probably will anyway). Good luck on this journey! Thanks for your visit, Mittsy and Inky send purrs to the kitties, Lindart #22

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynne, thanks so much for your visit - I really appreciate your support. Yes, I have thought about paying for a therapist. Will think some more on it. Those boobies look funny! Shame you missed the ship! Could you self-publish your novel? I know a lot of people do. They offer it for free and when they become popular, they start charging for them. Amazon is your oyster! The chocolates look yummy and Bella and Gracie so sweet! Hope you're having a lovely week! xx zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.